One Abbott You Can Trust ...

Birdbrain

Guest pelmetman
Geeco - 2020-09-05 9:10 AM

He was not trusted in Australia that is why he was dethroned. He has continued a series of unpleasant jibes against anyone who disagrees with him since he was outed. Frankly the UK would be better off without him IMHO. Cheers,

"He has continued a series of unpleasant jibes against anyone who disagrees with him since he was outed"

Sounds just like Corbyn >:-) ..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.80f86933f91de6c335140a83513d96a1.jpg

He was not trusted in Australia that is why he was dethroned. He has continued a series of unpleasant jibes against anyone who disagrees with him since he was outed. Frankly the UK would be better off without him IMHO. Cheers,

Or as someone else said (was it the the Australian PM?) Britain appointing Abbot as Trade Minister would be like Australia appointing Gavin Williamson to run our education system 8-)

Sky news interviewed the Health Sec about Abbott's appointment and Hancocks reply was pretty staggering! 8-)

https://news.sky.com/video/tony-abbott-matt-hancock-faces-tough-questions-over-new-trade-appointment-12062182

Bulletguy - 2020-09-05 1:18 PM

Sky news interviewed the Health Sec about Abbott's appointment and Hancocks reply was pretty staggering! 8-)

https://news.sky.com/video/tony-abbott-matt-hancock-faces-tough-questions-over-new-trade-appointment-12062182

(lol) is that actually real? Jeezas you were right about Spitting image. They couldn't make anything up more ridiculous than the real thing. It's straight out of a sketch show.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-05 2:36 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-05 1:18 PM

(lol) is that actually real? Jeezas you were right about Spitting image. They couldn't make anything up more ridiculous than the real thing. It's straight out of a sketch show.

All real.....here is the full clip; https://news.sky.com/video/tony-abbott-full-exchange-with-matt-hancock-and-kay-burley-12062305

Hancock made a spectacular hash of things by his response to Burley saying, "he's also an expert in trade" met with incredulity by Burley and i suspect, most viewers. Johnson of course is as usual nowhere to be seen.

I expect the forum BBC bashers and haters will be adding Sky to their list. (lol)

Worst Trade Envoy since Prince Andrew.

Or worse than Prince Andrew?

I would have asked Matt Hancock how can he be good at getting trade deals when his views offend so many customers?

But I guess the job qualifications include being vetted by Dominic Cummings, and being a Brexit fanatic with unquestioning loyalty to BoJo, it narrows the talent pool somewhat.

And anyone who takes it on will have the impossible task of living up to the expectations BoJo has promised - leaving the EU and getting a better deal than we had as a member.

A poisoned chalice.

Anyone with a good track record is liable to lose it if they take this job on.

Birdbrain - 2020-09-05 4:53 PM

If its got the squad rattled then it has to be a good thing ... Poor liccle darlings, well Barrys not liccle

What we think of him doesn't matter

But what potential trading partners think of him does matter.

Half the battle of getting a good trade deal is getting the other side to like, and above all, trust you.

(Thats why its a bad idea to talk about reneging on our commitment to the EU divorce settlement.)

If your trade envoy is a homophobic misogynist, its likely the other side won't like or trust him

And when they don't want the deal, rather than a flat 'No', you tend to get what is colloquially known as a 'F*ck off price'

In other words you get offered a poor deal.

Which is what we will get with such an offensive trade envoy.

No doubt BoJo & the Tory press will present it a good deal, so you won't know the difference.

But we will all suffer the consequences of it.

Unless Scotland gets independence and leaves you with all BoJo's debts and bad trade deals, like you want to renege on our commitments to to the EU. :D

Violet1956 - 2020-09-05 7:14 PM

Up until now Abbott was the mere subject of one of the most eloquent and determined discourse from Julia Gillard that I chanced upon a while ago. Here it is. Isn't she great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNuPcf8L00.

She was on a roll there making every word count......powerful stuff. Abbotts sexism and misogyny is obviously the attraction for Johnson....peas in a pod.

John52 - 2020-09-05 10:17 PM

If its got the squad rattled then it has to be a good thing ... Poor liccle darlings, well Barrys not liccle

Half the battle of getting a good trade deal is getting the other side to like, and above all, trust you.

(Thats why its a bad idea to talk about reneging on our commitment to the EU divorce settlement.)

If your trade envoy is a homophobic misogynist, its likely the other side won't like or trust him

And when they don't want the deal, rather than a flat 'No', you tend to get what is colloquially known as a 'F*ck off price'

No doubt BoJo & the Tory press will present it a good deal, so you won't know the difference.

Unless Scotland gets independence and leaves you with all BoJo's debts and bad trade deals, like you want to renege on our commitments to to the EU. :D

"What we think of him doesnt matter" ... After all these years you have finally said sumat thats correct ... Well done

Violet1956 - 2020-09-05 7:14 PM

Up until now Abbott was the mere subject of one of the most eloquent and determined discourse from Julia Gillard that I chanced upon a while ago. Here it is. Isn't she great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNuPcf8L00.

I like her.

I also like the fact she was allowed to speak.

If that was Jeremy Corbyn or Keir Starmer questioning Boris Johnson, BoJo's back benchers wouldn't give him the chance - they would be changing the subject and shouting him down with personal attacks, like some members of this forum try to do.

BoJo now wants to step up his personal attacks on Keit Starmer https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/05/desperate-boris-johnson-to-step-up-personal-attacks-on-keir-starmer

and failing to apologise for his completely unsubstantiated allegation that Keir Starmer is an IRA sympathiser.

Just like his attack dogs used to do to Jeremy Corbyn.

BoJo is now demanding his servants dig up evidence to support the false accusations he has made.

But the fact is Keir Starmer was prosecuting IRA terrorists whilst BoJo was being sacked for lying.

Birdbrain - 2020-09-06 7:07 AM

"What we think of him doesnt matter" ... After all these years you have finally said sumat thats correct ... Well done

After all these years you have finally read some of a post before commenting on it.

Now you have read the first line, perhaps you might read some more *-)

And then perhaps you might then even get to read some of the links before commenting on them *-)

The point is that if you can get people to like and trust you, they will want to work with you, so will offer you a better deal.

But if you are a homophobic misogynist who talks about reneging on your commitments, they won't like or trust you, and will only offer you a deal on very poor terms, if at all.

Because they will want compensation for working with you.

And we will be the Losers from the poor trading deals he gets - you and me.

John52 - 2020-09-06 7:37 AM

After all these years you have finally read some of a post before commenting on it.

And then perhaps you might then even get to read some of the links before commenting on them *-)

I read it all before a few times ... After your opening line it goes rapidly down hill fast into some Hollywood type fantasy so I end up going back to your truthful opening line each time and "what we think of him doesnt matter" ... Next time try a whole post that resembles sumat like the truth rather than just the opening line ... Have a nice day now KAGA

Birdbrain - 2020-09-06 7:45 AM

I read it all before a few times ... After your opening line it goes rapidly down hill fast into some Hollywood type fantasy so I end up going back to your truthful opening line each time and "what we think of him doesnt matter" ... Next time try a whole post that resembles sumat like the truth rather than just the opening line ... Have a nice day now KAGA

But the bum deals he will get do matter, because we will be the losers from them, you and me.

PS: But especially you because BoJo will keep sending more of your money to Scotland to bribe us not to vote for the Nationalists, and maintain his empire at your expense. Or we will get our independence and leave you with BoJo's debts and bum deals :D

John52 - 2020-09-06 7:47 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-06 7:45 AM

But the bum deals he will get do matter, because we will be the losers from them, you and me.

If you can show just one of those "bum deals" you boast "he will get" then maybe we can discuss but I honestly dont recall seeing anywhere any info on any deal ???

PS ... I am happy to give money to any part of the UK ... All for one and one for all ... Rule Britannia XXX

Birdbrain - 2020-09-06 7:52 AM

If you can show just one of those "bum deals" you boast "he will get" then maybe we can discuss but I honestly dont recall seeing anywhere any info on any deal ???

I suppose its necessary to point out that I cannot show you them before he has got them.

(Or show you the deals that could have been got in their place.)

John52 - 2020-09-06 7:53 AM

I suppose its necessary to point out that I cannot show you them before he has got them.

I suppose its necessary to point out that you obviously then have no idea what deals bum or not he will help to get ... As usual your making it up and going all Disney

Doesn't the trade deals BoJo has got so far give you a clue?

Astronomical amounts of money for testing kits that don't work, useless PPE, call centres where the average call handler deals with 0.14 calls a day most of which turn out to be wasted, and now you are the dumping ground for EU sewage they won't use themselves.

Birdbrain - 2020-09-06 7:58 AM

I suppose its necessary to point out that you obviously then have no idea what deals bum or not he will help to get ... As usual your making it up and going all Disney

If you want people to like and trust you so they want to work with you and offer you a good deal, do you think its a good start to send them a homophobic misogynist as trade envoy? You might like him, but you need to understand that many customers won't.

John52 - 2020-09-06 8:10 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-06 7:58 AM

If you want people to like and trust you so they want to work with you and offer you a good deal, do you think its a good start to send them a homophobic misogynist as trade envoy? You might like him, but you need to understand that many customers won't.

Chuckle ... What do you know about deals and more importantly trade deals ??? ... Those doing deals get the best deal for them or those they represent wether they like or trust the person they are dealing with ... Hate on ... "bum deal" Chuckle

Birdbrain - 2020-09-06 8:27 AM

Chuckle ... What do you know about deals and more importantly trade deals ??? ... Those doing deals get the best deal for them or those they represent wether they like or trust the person they are dealing with ... Hate on ... "bum deal" Chuckle

That might have worked when Britannia was the most powerful nation in the world, economically and militarily, and could send the gunboats in to get its way.

Your seem to be under the delusion thats still the case, and can lay down terms to the united 27 countries of the EU. *-)

Archived