Fiat Roadside Assistance

longtemps

Are you all aware, I certainly was not, that in the Fiat service book’s for 2019 and 2020 there is a mistake/misprint with regards to Fiat Camper Care. It clearly states that vans registered in the UK were entitled to 3 year’s roadside assistance but that the warranty is, of course,2 years.

This looked odd to me so I contacted them. Apparently, for completed Motorhomes built in France or Germany etc the initial registration procedure applies to that country not the UK. So for example, Chausson, Hymers have 2 two years roadside whilst Autotrail’s, Swift’s etc built/ assembled in the UK would have 3 years roadside!

Its normally the case that vehicle ‘warranties’ start when the vehicle is first sold retail and their terms and conditions will be dependent on the country in which that sale takes place.

My LHD Ford Transit-based Hobby T600-FC motorhome was bought new in Germany in 2005 from a German Hobby dealership and had a 2-year Ford warranty and a German ‘breakdown’ package, as that was what Ford gave German buyers. The same model (in RHD) bought from a UK Hobby dealership would have had a 3-year Ford warranty and a different breakdown package, as that was what UK Transit buyers were then getting.

The Fiat Motorhome Warranty and Services booklet for my 2015 Ducato-based Rapido says that the “Fiat Camper Assistance” service starts the day that the motorhome is "handed over” and lasts until the last day of the motorhome's Fiat Contractual Warranty. No specific duration ( 2 years, 3 years, etc.) is stated.

Interesting, I need to check my 2019 Swift of which I was confident the handbook said the roadside assistance was only for the period of vehicle warranty ie 2 years, however, if you have the extended mechanical warranty (I have the third year covered) then roadside assistance is covered for that additional period of warranty, ie van covered for 3 years roadside assistance.

The relevant fiatcamper.com webpage says

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

The multilingual roadside assistance service, which again can be contacted on a freephone number, is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout Europe. For the first two years from the initial registration date, it will also intervene in the event of* breakdown, fault, accident, flat battery, punctures and lack of fuel. Find out more. * details on warranty booklet

https://www.fiatcamper.com/en/product/services

However - as costaexpress highlights - that two years period can be extended up to five years if a “Camper Extended Warranty” applies

MAXIMUM CARE CAMPER EXTENDED WARRANTY

Maximum cover and zero worries

Maximum Care Camper Warranty, just like your 2 years Factory Warranty, guarantees complete cover for the mechanical and electrical components of your Fiat Motorhome and provides you all its linked services.

It’s available for both Ducato and Talento and extends your Fiat Camper Assistance and dedicated Roadside Assistance to the same year and mileage term.

Maximum Care Camper gives you the possibility of extending your new Fiat Motorhome warranty up to 5 years, with various term and mileage options available according to your requirements and driving style.???

https://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/mopar-vehicle-protection/extended-warranties

Dear Mr. L*****

Case Reference: 00324858

Re: Fiat Ducato Motorhome **69***

Thank you for contacting Fiat Professional,

Further to your recent email received, we confirm that your motorhome has been supplied with a 2 year Fiat warranty, if the vehicle was first registered in the UK, you a further 3 years Camper Assist ( road side assistance) warranty and the contact number for Camper Assist:

- 00800 3428 1111 option 1

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated team from Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 18:00 and Saturday from 08:00 to 17:00 on 00800 3428 1111 choosing option number 2.

Kind regards,

Marco VERPILIO

Customer Care FCA

EMEA Fiat Professional

In this MHFun discussion about Burstner warranties

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/new-burstner-2-yr-and-5-yr-warranty-what-does-it-include.159833/

the following statement was made.

If it is Fiat Camper assist and it is a continental built van imported by a UK dealer and first registration in the UK then the camper assist is for 3 years not 2. It does state this in the camper assist handbook, hidden away in small print but a 3rd year.

As the MHFun thread was in 2017 it must be the case that the ‘3 years not 2’ duration must have been in force then.

I said earlier

"The Fiat Motorhome Warranty and Services booklet for my 2015 Ducato-based Rapido says that the “Fiat Camper Assistance” service starts the day that the motorhome is "handed over” and lasts until the last day of the motorhome's Fiat Contractual Warranty. No specific duration ( 2 years, 3 years, etc.) is stated.

but my final sentence ("No specific duration ( 2 years, 3 years, etc.) is stated.”) was wrong.

In fact, on the previous page of the booklet (where information about the Camper Assistance service begins) the following advice is given

”Campers registered in United Kindom are entitled to 3 years of road-side assistance.”

Archived