Pay rise for idleness

John52

John Longworth, chairman of the Independent Business Network, said: “Once again the government has demonstrated its lack of understanding both of our economy and the businesses who drive it. The new job scheme is the equivalent of a pay rise for idleness. Much like the furlough scheme, the government is paying people not to work rather than providing incentives for them to work.

“For those eligible workers, the new scheme will see the taxpayer stump up 22% of a worker’s salary, while the employer will pay 55%. This is the equivalent of a 22% pay rise for those staff. It’s baffling.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/26/sunaks-jobs-plan-harks-back-to-worst-of-thatcher-says-dodds

pelmetman - 2020-09-27 9:46 AM

Perhaps I should restart my Pelmet & Pouffe business? ;-) .........

I might qualify for some Furlough Dough >:-) ........

No need to bother with that.

Judging by the amount of your money Bojo has paid out fraudsters,

you don't even need to have a business.

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

Bojo went to the other extreme and gave people more of your money to go to his mates pubs.

So now infection rate is highest its ever been. :-S

Who would have thought that paying people to go to the pub would lead to a second wave *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-27 10:31 AM

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

Bojo went to the other extreme and gave people more of your money to go to his mates pubs.

Who would have thought that paying people to go to the pub would lead to a second wave *-)

Naturaly you can provide evidence to back up your Fake news? ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2020-09-27 12:38 PM

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

We all know what people do in pubs

So its common sense

Which leaves you out :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-27 12:46 PM

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

So its common sense

So you have NO EVIDENCE..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.c7600cd5aadf5289d41ae81419ef087e.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-28 9:05 AM

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

So its common sense

Like I said, it requires common sense to see that reducing social distancing indoors people cramming into pubs and getting p*ssed is spreading the virus.

Would be interesting to know by what logic it helps to close at ten so they all cram in earlier *-)

Other than avoiding the political embarrassment of admitting that encouraging and subsidising people to go to the pub has led to a second wave.

We now have more infections than at the start of the lockdown when I was being castigated all over the forum for self isolating in my van instead of my house.

Yet now even the pubs are still open.

So many deaths, 3 months of lockdown with all its social problems, hundreds of £billions of pounds we haven't got, have all been wasted >:-)

The Guardian whinging about government policy, well that's what they always do.

Many businesses have welcomed this new scheme as a way of tiding over businesses that expect to pick up trade next year. It's similar to the scheme in Germany and seems to work there.

I've looked at the Labour plan and see just another bodge which to me is no better or no worse for the country than the governments one, just different.

John52 - 2020-09-28 9:38 AM

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

So its common sense

Like I said, it requires common sense to see that reducing social distancing indoors people cramming into pubs and getting p*ssed is spreading the virus.

Would be interesting to know by what logic it helps to close at ten so they all cram in earlier *-)

Other than avoiding the political embarrassment of admitting that encouraging and subsidising people to go to the pub has led to a second wave.

We now have more infections than at the start of the lockdown when I was being castigated all over the forum for self isolating in my van instead of my house.

So many deaths, 3 months of lockdown with all its social problems, hundreds of £billions of pounds we haven't got, have all been wasted >:-)

Even if pubs are open it doesn’t make a lot of sense people going to them.

Talking of common sense I trust you have now downloaded the covid trace app and the reporting app by Kings College Hospital London. Then you will be up to date on where people have got it.

jumpstart - 2020-09-28 11:19 AM

I trust you have now downloaded the covid trace app and the reporting app by Kings College Hospital London. Then you will be up to date on where people have got it.

Oh yes *-)

And everybody is giving their real name and number. *-)

If they show symptoms they will get a reliable test done in a reasonable time *-)

And then they will be contacted by Bojo's world beating test and trace *-)

John52 - 2020-09-28 1:31 PM

jumpstart - 2020-09-28 11:19 AM

I trust you have now downloaded the covid trace app and the reporting app by Kings College Hospital London. Then you will be up to date on where people have got it.

Oh yes *-)

And everybody is giving their real name and number. *-)

If they show symptoms they will get a reliable test done in a reasonable time *-)

And then they will be contacted by Bojo's world beating test and trace *-)

Think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick.

The NHS app tells you if your phone has been near someone who has tested positive. It doesn’t necessarily know who you are.

The Kings College app shows reports of people who have symptoms,or actually test positive. Then details what your local area is like in graphs.

Seeing as you like to complain about what other people don’t do it’s surprising you haven’t actually been proactive.

Guest pelmetman

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

So its common sense

I've got some evidence ;-) .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8780631/Pubs-bars-restaurants-blame-3-coronavirus-outbreaks-week.html

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.854e00490f445000b5bf51ebf9367797.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-28 2:02 PM

Just a fake id.

£40 billion so far.

And for what?

So its common sense

I've got some evidence ;-) .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8780631/Pubs-bars-restaurants-blame-3-coronavirus-outbreaks-week.html

After seeing whats happening in pubs first hand I can't take the official figures seriously, let alone the Daily Mail.

Nobody was bothering - and to be fair bar staff are not police officers - they can't even check your identity.

Pubs are the perfect breeding ground for the virus.

But it takes a little common sense to see that.

Unfortunately :-S

Think about it (if possible)

Anyone going to a pub and giving their real name and number could find somebody visited the pub the day before and tested positive (which may or may not be accurate) They then have to self isolate for 14 days on pain of a £10,000 fine - either of which would be devastating for some people.

If they test positive the pub has to close, and they are made a pariah for infecting everyone else.

Or they could just give a fake name or number, perhaps 'accidentally' putting 2 numbers the wrong way round.

or just not bother to pick up a form and fill it in.

What are they going to do :-S

So how can you prefer Bojo's official figures to common sense, and a realisation of human nature ?

Whats the answer then? Shut all pubs with immediate effect? One things for sure chucking everyone out at 10pm isnt working. If they are going to stay open just let them open 24 hours a day. No hurry to get p*ssed and everyone leaves at different times so you dont see the scenes we have seen on the news today.

Personally I think you would have to be crackers to want to go on the lash in amongst all that lot right now.

This is the equivalent of paying out to every cold call scammer who rings you up.

And saying its ok because the police can get it back.

Thats what Bojo has done

spaffed away £hundreds of billions

Of Our money

And the infection rate is higher now than when he started :-S

Is it any wonder UK shares and currency are sliding whilst the rest of the developed world is rising

Archived