Gas valve

theflyer

I have a Truma monocontrol cs gas valve that has stopped working. Information on the valve is as follows:-

30 mbar

ce 0085

en 12864/d

bq 0102

All the valves I have found have ce0036 on them. What is the difference between that and the one I want.

Hope someone can help

Ken Almen

theflyer - 2020-09-28 11:32 AM

I have a Truma monocontrol cs gas valve that has stopped working. Information on the valve is as follows:-

30 mbar

ce 0085

en 12864/d

bq 0102

All the valves I have found have ce0036 on them. What is the difference between that and the one I want.

Hope someone can help

Ken Almen

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Ken.

Truma has produced two types of the CS (Crash Sensor) 30-mbar gas regulator - the original type and a completely different-looking type that began to be marketed fairly recently. Additionally, each type also has several variants and each variant has a different “CE” number..

The information you have provided indicates that your failed regulator is the original type (now superseded) and designed to be mounted horizontally (image attached below).

I’ve carried out a cursory GOOGLE-search using “truma monocontrol CS horizontal” as the search term, but I haven’t identified a UK supplier that has an EXACTLY MATCHING regulator in stock.

19801326_mccsoo85.jpg.c9fd2554937ac8a42046321733f9aa1f.jpg

The 4 digit number after the "CE" mark is just to identify the company ("notified body") that was involved in the CE certification process. Having a different number does not necessarily indicate a difference in the product (although due to the high cost, manufacturers would be unlikely to get a product recertified unless there was a change).

Some types of equipment (i.e that involves high pressure/ explosive gasses) MUST involve an independant company to assess its safety and the CE mark must have this compay identified. Most other products don't need this.

For anyone even slightly interested, here is the table of notified bodies http:// https://ec.europa.eu/growth/tools-databases/nando/index.cfm?fuseaction=directive.pdf&refe_cd=97%2F23%2FEC&requesttimeout=900

Archived