Paint protection

360david

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience of paint protection ie diamond brite or similar products

I am picking my new motor home up in a couple of weeks.

I’ve had my car ceramic coated which is brilliant but would prove to costly on the MH

Thanks

David

Some years ago I had contact with paint trials where to prove their worth or otherwise samples were committed to the factory roof.

Following this on all the vehicles I’ve owned my only surface remedy was to clean as little as possible and when I did it was always on a rainy day with a soft broom, making sure ‘never’ to damage the original surface with any cleaner.

The resale price never varied

I am offered paint treatment every time I buy a car but never take up the offer. My motorhome came with this treatment as a freebie but it’s a waste of money as far as I am concerned as I still polish it about three times a year anyway to get a really good shine.

360david - 2020-10-01 12:16 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience of paint protection

ie diamond brite or similar products Thanks David

Not out of choice but the last car I bought had diamond brite applied for a customer who didn't complete on the sale I actually got a little reduction to take the car with it. But now 7 yrs later if I was to buy another car I'd consider having it applied this time very pleased with it I've never polished it only used the supplied wash that came with it always looks good dirt seems to not attach its self at all

flyboyprowler - 2020-10-06 7:58 AM

I would think that if the MH is new, it should come polished, and maybe waxed.

Totally agree and should be absolutely mint. But the reality is no vehicle is going to stay that way no matter how often it's cleaned and polished. The only process i've seen which does restore vehicles back to 'factory fresh' condition is called detailing which is very labour intensive and also uses a variety of chemicals. No idea of the cost but it's certainly not cheap! Here is a YT clip of a 32 year old Mercedes having the treatment;

Take a look at Autoglym Polar Seal.

I used this product about 6 weeks ago and I washed the van just the other day and the water just ran off.

I believe it says it will last up to 8 months.

Once it's been washed, it's a doddle to ge the van shiny sparlking.

if it is already polished or had a coating applied, use something like DEMON Shine to keep on top of it.

I mix it up in a garden sprayer, wet the body work/ remove any heavy dirt, pump up the sprayer and away you go.

you can dry it with microfibre or just leave it to dry naturally, maintains the shine a beads water away.

Archived