Northerners no longer pro Brexit

Barryd999

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were warned but flippantly dismissed everything as "project fear" from "Remoaners".....just as some still do because they remain in a state of denial. They told everyone they knew what they were voting for but don't seem to have got anything they wanted other than exiting the EU. I just wish they'd start taking responsibility for their actions which they've damaged the country with and plunged it into economic disaster instead of constantly blame shifting and whining about the EU.

Bulletguy - 2020-10-05 2:01 PM

They were warned but flippantly dismissed everything as "project fear" from "Remoaners".....just as some still do because they remain in a state of denial. They told everyone they knew what they were voting for but don't seem to have got anything they wanted other than exiting the EU. I just wish they'd start taking responsibility for their actions which they've damaged the country with and plunged it into economic disaster instead of constantly blame shifting and whining about the EU.

I think the majority of them have gone a bit quiet apart from the rabid cultists. I do wonder if that figure for support for Brexit could actually be much lower. Why anyone would still support it now is beyond me. I blame the likes of Johnson and Farage more than Joe Public though really. It was an easy sell when you can just make stuff up and promise a better life. Whats someone in Middlesbrough or grimsby do? Vote for what posh boy Cameron was telling them.

Now we have the double whammy of covid and Johnson deliberately steering towards trashing his own oven ready deal. Not good prospects for the north or anywhere for that matter.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-05 11:41 AM

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-norths-enthusiasm-for-brexit-is-on-the-wane/

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Emily is from East Leeds, studies journalism at Leeds Trinity University and is a history graduate from Greenwich University. Her hobbies and interests include creative writing, learning about different cultures, spirituality, and both historical and modern fashion.

To spin the opinion of just 391 Northern voters to write that guff proves she's Deffo a creative........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.e74443b50b33d7e3a2db54105dd7b915.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 9:04 AM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Emily is from East Leeds, studies journalism at Leeds Trinity University and is a history graduate from Greenwich University. Her hobbies and interests include creative writing, learning about different cultures, spirituality, and both historical and modern fashion.

To spin the opinion of just 391 Northern voters to write that guff proves she's Deffo a creative........

Sample size is a typical 1600+ across the whole country which is normal polling size and each region shows a clear majority who think Brexit has gone badly and who also think it was the wrong choice to leave the EU. There is no doubt about that now although there hasn't been for years.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-06 10:59 AM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Sample size is a typical 1600+ across the whole country which is normal polling size and each region shows a clear majority who think Brexit has gone badly and who also think it was the wrong choice to leave the EU. There is no doubt about that now although there hasn't been for years.

So you think the opinion of just 49% of 391 Northerners is representative of everyone Ooop Norf? >:-) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.93c23ddf111e6be7cae50103cabd4329.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 11:21 AM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

So you think the opinion of just 49% of 391 Northerners is representative of everyone Ooop Norf? >:-) .........

Do you not understand how polls work? They dont ask everyone you know. A Yougov poll will question a broad section sample size of each area. Polls are generally pretty accurate these days. I notice only 38% of those Northern Monkeys still say Brexit is a good idea. I also notice that by a good margin most now would prefer Keir Starmer as PM also.

Come February March you will be hard pressed to find anyone that still claims to have voted for Brexit. We know who you are of course. Just look at social media. Where have they all gone? There is only you left on here out of a once voice of many still supporting it vocally at least. Whats happened to Mr Birdbrain. I must admit I never expected him to desert you but it looks like he has.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-06 2:00 PM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Do you not understand how polls work? They dont ask everyone you know. A Yougov poll will question a broad section sample size of each area. Polls are generally pretty accurate these days. I notice only 38% of those Northern Monkeys still say Brexit is a good idea. I also notice that by a good margin most now would prefer Keir Starmer as PM also.

Come February March you will be hard pressed to find anyone that still claims to have voted for Brexit. We know who you are of course. Just look at social media. Where have they all gone? There is only you left on here out of a once voice of many still supporting it vocally at least. Whats happened to Mr Birdbrain. I must admit I never expected him to desert you but it looks like he has.

Yep I understand how polls work >:-) ............

Just as I understand how YOU Losers will spin anything to make to make folk think we Brexiteers have changed our minds >:-)..........

But 49% of 391? 8-) .........

That really is rather pathetic even by your LOSER standards..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.61100ceaefd49159a2ee1b4d9b6e5757.jpg

Barryd999 - 2020-10-05 2:21 PM

I think the majority of them have gone a bit quiet apart from the rabid cultists. I do wonder if that figure for support for Brexit could actually be much lower. Why anyone would still support it now is beyond me. I blame the likes of Johnson and Farage more than Joe Public though really. It was an easy sell when you can just make stuff up and promise a better life. Whats someone in Middlesbrough or grimsby do? Vote for what posh boy Cameron was telling them.

Now we have the double whammy of covid and Johnson deliberately steering towards trashing his own oven ready deal. Not good prospects for the north or anywhere for that matter.

They sold a pack of lies to the gullible who swallowed the lot as clever people like Cummings dressed it all up with "immigration, £350m a week to NHS and Turkey", all complete lies, falsehoods and gross exaggerations but it appealed to the naive and people like that are very easy to fool and lead and when needed drawn into the pitchfork mentality. Nobody knew very little if anything about international finance, international banking, international trade, import and export, taxation borders immigration manufacturing and a load of other stuff what Brexit is really all about.

It was sheer lunacy to put such an important matter to an In/Out referendum, the outcome of which has already inflicted huge economic damage with the cost of Brexit outstripping what we paid as members over the past 40 years (doesn't take an economic genius to figure that's just plain batsh1t mad), sent £billions over to German banking, closed down production factories who've gone off to EU countries where they can continue manufacturing, torn families apart with many losing their jobs. As i said, i just wish Brexiteers would start taking responsibility for their actions which they've damaged the country with and quit the constant blame shifting. It's their mess so they can clear it all up. I'm all for Sunak raising taxes too but he's missing something......there needs to be a Brexit tax payable by all Brexit voters. I think 50% would be a fair start rate.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-06 3:13 PM

They sold a pack of lies to the gullible who swallowed the lot as clever people like Cummings dressed it all up with "immigration, £350m a week to NHS and Turkey", all complete lies, falsehoods and gross exaggerations but it appealed to the naive and people like that are very easy to fool and lead and when needed drawn into the pitchfork mentality. Nobody knew very little if anything about international finance, international banking, international trade, import and export, taxation borders immigration manufacturing and a load of other stuff what Brexit is really all about.

It was sheer lunacy to put such an important matter to an In/Out referendum, the outcome of which has already inflicted huge economic damage with the cost of Brexit outstripping what we paid as members over the past 40 years (doesn't take an economic genius to figure that's just plain batsh1t mad), sent £billions over to German banking, closed down production factories who've gone off to EU countries where they can continue manufacturing, torn families apart with many losing their jobs. As i said, i just wish Brexiteers would start taking responsibility for their actions which they've damaged the country with and quit the constant blame shifting. It's their mess so they can clear it all up. I'm all for Sunak raising taxes too but he's missing something......there needs to be a Brexit tax payable by all Brexit voters. I think 50% would be a fair start rate.

Obviously you are in the 49% of the 391 :D .........

BTW........I'm more than happy to accept responsibility for dragging your sorry Loser ar*e out of the EU.......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.7741ef883b1eff8ac776d19540964820.jpg

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Quite funny really as 1) YouGov is a Tory backed pollster and 2) Pelmet likes to quote 'em..........but ONLY when it fits his narrative. ;-)

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 3:17 PM

BTW........I'm more than happy to accept responsibility.

So far you've not shown any whatsoever and just treat the entire thing as a joke. Quit blaming the EU for your woes and everything that's gone wrong with your silly Brexit and hold your hand up and admit to YOUR mess.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-06 3:18 PM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Quite funny really as 1) YouGov is a Tory backed pollster and 2) Pelmet likes to quote 'em..........but ONLY when it fits his narrative. ;-)

Tory backed? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Seems to me YouGov has got rather selective since the referendum ;-) .......

Before the vote they were asking me almost every week to take part in a poll :-S ......

They've not asked for my views on Brexit since :D ........

I guess they didn't like my answers..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.863f2a961857dd8dab8868e69845e70d.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-06 3:22 PM

So far you've not shown any whatsoever and just treat the entire thing as a joke. Quit blaming the EU for your woes and everything that's gone wrong with your silly Brexit and hold your hand up and admit to YOUR mess.

Incorrect.......I treat you LOSERS as a joke.......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.cddf5676bfc701ca1298e225dc915316.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 3:25 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-10-06 3:18 PM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Tory backed? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Founded by a couple of Tory boys.

YouGov was founded in the UK in May 2000 by Stephan Shakespeare and future MP Nadhim Zahawi, at the time both active in the British Conservative Party.

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 3:29 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-10-06 3:22 PM

Incorrect.......I treat you LOSERS as a joke.......

Your "jokes" are not very funny though are they? I invited you to spend the day outside the Honda plant at Swindon where you could tell the 3500 employees how hilarious you think it is for all of them to be thrown out of work, but you wailed and screamed about that and ran off.

One day your cocky arrogance will come back to smack you in the face and knock you for six, the harsher the better.

pelmetman - 2020-10-06 3:01 PM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Just as I understand how YOU Losers will spin anything to make to make folk think we Brexiteers have changed our minds >:-)..........

You clearly dont. As 1600+ was the total sample size which is about normal. The fact they split it all into regions just shows us how each region voted and without looking none of them were still in favour of Brexit and an even higher percentage stated it was being handled badly.

I am glad to see above though that you are more than happy to take responsibility for dragging us out of the EU. I hope that means you will be prepared to compensate us financially. Ill start working it out. Shouldnt take long. We can start with the £12k I lost on the FTSE when Johnson who remember was elected on his Oven Ready Brexit deal killed 60000 people by doing feck all about Covid. Other economies have recovered far better than ours which flatlined for a while after some recovery and has steadily being going down again. Ive not checked back to other milestones but will do. Same goes for my pension pots. Anything deemed effected by Brexit you can cough up for. What about food supplies? rising costs, deaths due to medical shortages and hundreds of thousands if not millions of peoples jobs lost. You gonna take responsibility for that and cough up? Hope you have deep pockets. Start saving now. No more Blue Nun

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-06 4:40 PM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

You clearly dont. As 1600+ was the total sample size which is about normal. The fact they split it all into regions just shows us how each region voted and without looking none of them were still in favour of Brexit and an even higher percentage stated it was being handled badly.

I am glad to see above though that you are more than happy to take responsibility for dragging us out of the EU. I hope that means you will be prepared to compensate us financially. Ill start working it out. Shouldnt take long. We can start with the £12k I lost on the FTSE when Johnson who remember was elected on his Oven Ready Brexit deal killed 60000 people by doing feck all about Covid. Other economies have recovered far better than ours which flatlined for a while after some recovery and has steadily being going down again. Ive not checked back to other milestones but will do. Same goes for my pension pots. Anything deemed effected by Brexit you can cough up for. What about food supplies? rising costs, deaths due to medical shortages and hundreds of thousands if not millions of peoples jobs lost. You gonna take responsibility for that and cough up? Hope you have deep pockets. Start saving now. No more Blue Nun

The title of YOUR thread is....."Northerners no longer pro Brexit"........

Therefore you are saying that the opinion of 49% of 391 Northern voters is "proof" that all Northern voters have changed their minds ;-) ..........

BTW I've ploughed over 20k into the UK economy since March, next year I will prolly spend 150k B-) .........

What have you Losers done apart from bitch??? *-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-10-07 10:01 AM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

Therefore you are saying that the opinion of 49% of 391 Northern voters is "proof" that all Northern voters have changed their minds ;-) ..........

BTW I've ploughed over 20k into the UK economy since March, next year I will prolly spend 150k B-) .........

What should worry you is not that just 49% of a cross section sample no longer support Brexit but that only 38% do! You only have to look at the other stats in that poll where you will see that only 38% would also vote Tory but only 28% think Johnson would make the best PM compared to 39% who say Starmer would to see support is waning ooop Norf. Slowly but surely.

Dismiss it as being too short a sample if you like, I frankly dont care but its clear to me that support for both Brexit, the Tories and especially Johnson is waning. We cant to much about Brexit now. Its too late for the Notherners. They made their Brexit bed so they will have to lie in it but we can do something about Johnson and hopefully the Tory party. Its now absolutely clear that Johnsons popularity has started to cave and Starmers has shot up. You dont care about the consequences of your bonkers no deal Brexit trashing the economy but normal people will when it hits them hard in the wallet.

Barryd999 - 2020-10-07 1:18 PM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

You dont care about the consequences of your bonkers no deal Brexit trashing the economy but normal people will when it hits them hard in the wallet.

Apparently Pelmet is going to fund the country with his vast wealth! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-07 2:23 PM

Prove it........or it's yet more Pelmet Porkers. *-)

Would you like to see a picture of my 8k of fencing and tree surgery?........Or a picture the base for our 6k greenhouse?..........Or a picture of the 2k of electrical equipment and white goods we've bought.......Or a picture of the 1.5k ebay bargain banger Jaguar estate I've bought for tip runs? ........etc etc etc >:-) .........

I can prove my claims ;-) ...........

Would you like to place a bet that I cant? ............

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.069b61e97918ffcf60802d10d3c1e373.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-07 1:18 PM

Bit late now huh? *-)

AUTHOR

Emily Horner

What should worry you is not that just 49% of a cross section sample no longer support Brexit but that only 38% do! You only have to look at the other stats in that poll where you will see that only 38% would also vote Tory but only 28% think Johnson would make the best PM compared to 39% who say Starmer would to see support is waning ooop Norf. Slowly but surely.

Dismiss it as being too short a sample if you like, I frankly dont care but its clear to me that support for both Brexit, the Tories and especially Johnson is waning. We cant to much about Brexit now. Its too late for the Notherners. They made their Brexit bed so they will have to lie in it but we can do something about Johnson and hopefully the Tory party. Its now absolutely clear that Johnsons popularity has started to cave and Starmers has shot up. You dont care about the consequences of your bonkers no deal Brexit trashing the economy but normal people will when it hits them hard in the wallet.

Your problem is ;-) ...........

You wont have a Pandemic to weaponise in 2024 >:-) .........

Plus we'll be reaping the Brexit boost of casting off the EU drag anchor B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-10-07 3:32 PM

Would you like to see a picture of...Or a picture the base for.....Or a picture of.....Or a picture of the ........etc etc etc >:-) .........

No......pictures mean absolutely nothing.

Let's see photocopy of receipts for £20k plus you claim to have shelled out over the last seven months.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-07 3:56 PM

Would you like to see a picture of...Or a picture the base for.....Or a picture of.....Or a picture of the ........etc etc etc >:-) .........

Let's see photocopy of receipts for £20k plus you claim to have shelled out over the last seven months.

Yeah like I'm going to post copies of my receipts on the internet *-) .........

My names not Dumb Dumb........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.b58b5245ec4be061862bfd3fd9d24bcb.jpg

Bulletguy - 2020-10-07 3:56 PM

You can get a lot on council tax benefits these days it seems! (lol)

Archived