Will the English give up their hard won rights?

John52

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-10-08 9:08 AM

Brexit strategy risks UK 'dictatorship',

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/oct/07/brexit-strategy-puts-uk-on-slippery-slope-to-tyranny-lawyers-told

" you have to sort out problems in court, if you don’t you have a civil war.”

Obviously you Jocks like English tyranny seeing as you voted to remain >:-) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.f26114062260a131c3be74a86f35b656.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-08 11:10 AM

First rule of Populism, go for the Judiciary system and lawyers. The Brexiteers and Johnson disciples will love this until of course its turned against them and it bites them on the arse.

Perhaps the judges should put the public's human rights before the criminals human rights for a change *-) ...............

It's high time we had natural justice instead of Liberal Lefty do gooder justice >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-10-08 11:37 AM

First rule of Populism, go for the Judiciary system and lawyers. The Brexiteers and Johnson disciples will love this until of course its turned against them and it bites them on the arse.

Perhaps the judges should put the public's human rights before the criminals human rights for a change *-) ...............

It's high time we had natural justice instead of Liberal Lefty do gooder justice >:-) .........

You do know why Populist leaders dispense with the Judiciary dont you and give themselves all the power? I suggest you do some research on Populism and Dictators from history. If you think its to help the plebs then you are dafter than I thought.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-08 1:29 PM

You do know why Populist leaders dispense with the Judiciary dont you and give themselves all the power? I suggest you do some research on Populism and Dictators from history. If you think its to help the plebs then you are dafter than I thought.

The judicary are not immune from becoming dictators ;-) ........

BTW who started the ilegal war in Iraq *-) ..............

A Liar/Lawyer called Blair >:-) .......

It appears to me its you gulible liberal folk who are dafter than us populists.........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.e46c3d3bd9c4d24a8e1a91946a1b275a.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-08 2:08 PM

It appears to me its you gulible liberal folk who are dafter than us populists.........

George Bush and somehow I just bet you were not one of the ones lining the streets of London protesting against it. *-)

Looks like we will have another Lawyer in number 10 at some point in the next few years unless the Tory Dictatorship succeeds and they do away with Parliament and elections full stop.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-08 3:56 PM

George Bush and somehow I just bet you were not one of the ones lining the streets of London protesting against it. *-)

Looks like we will have another Lawyer in number 10 at some point in the next few years unless the Tory Dictatorship succeeds and they do away with Parliament and elections full stop.

Why would you want Captain Hinds**te in No10? 8-) ..........

Oh yeah he's a EU toady *-) ........

That's why.........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.9b842a372594f776337b76c9bbe600e5.jpg

Kier Starmer (and Jeremy Corbyn) were on the streets of London opposing the Illegal Invasion of Iraq.

Were you *-)

So which one of you is Captain Hinds**te *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-10-08 5:26 PM

Kier Starmer (and Jeremy Corbyn) were on the streets of London opposing the Illegal Invasion of Iraq.

Were you *-)

So which one of you is Captain Hinds**te *-)

Any evidence to prove that Stammer was there?........ I was prolly at work ;-) .........

What were you doing?.......apart from sh1tting in binbags :D ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.18a7a6efd72404e15a1e17d092b65046.jpg

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-10-08 6:08 PM

BMW chairman said today a no deal Brexit will likely cost them and their suppliers 11to 12 Billion euros.

Ooooh Nooo it cant be true........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.e13fdc462cc30c0dd9521334f3b8db88.jpg

BMW chairman said today a no deal Brexit will likely cost them and their suppliers 11to 12 Billion euros.

Actually he said it would cost the whole industry 11 to 12 billion

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bmw-cfo/bmw-says-brexit-could-cost-auto-industry-10-11-billion-euros-idUSKBN26T1Y3

To be honest I am surprised its so little. BMW's turnover alone is ten times that.

However when you consider the average amount of trade each European country has (on average) with the UK its only about 5% (I think Germany is slightly higher at 6.6%) then whilst it will hurt European business like Automotive it wont hurt them anywhere near as much as it will hurt us as their main markets is within the bloc and outside, we however rely on Europe for nearly half our export sales so our automotive and whats left of manufacturing is screwed.

Johnson is banging on about getting the original Canada deal now which he said was no good as we needed plus plus plus but thats no good either as it doesnt cover services which is 80% of our economy. Its been rejected anyway I gather.

There is no upsides to trade when it comes to Brexit, only downsides (for us). There are upsides for Europe though as all many top firms are relocating inside the single market.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-08 6:36 PM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bmw-cfo/bmw-says-brexit-could-cost-auto-industry-10-11-billion-euros-idUSKBN26T1Y3

To be honest I am surprised its so little. BMW's turnover alone is ten times that.

However when you consider the average amount of trade each European country has (on average) with the UK its only about 5% (I think Germany is slightly higher at 6.6%) then whilst it will hurt European business like Automotive it wont hurt them anywhere near as much as it will hurt us as their main markets is within the bloc and outside, we however rely on Europe for nearly half our export sales so our automotive and whats left of manufacturing is screwed.

Johnson is banging on about getting the original Canada deal now which he said was no good as we needed plus plus plus but thats no good either as it doesnt cover services which is 80% of our economy. Its been rejected anyway I gather.

There is no upsides to trade when it comes to Brexit, only downsides (for us). There are upsides for Europe though as all many top firms are relocating inside the single market.

Spoken like a True Loser :D .........

So if they don't need us more than we need them? ;-) ........

Why haven't they walked away years/months/weeks ago?..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.17ace63c4784e566288fff28a6a20af5.jpg

Yes that figure is peanuts to BMW alone and if you take VW Audi and Mercedes into account as well, it's nothing. Whilst Pelmet finds it hilarious Brexit has seen thousands of people losing their jobs, i don't think j/start derives the same pleasure.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-08 7:09 PM

Yes that figure is peanuts to BMW alone and if you take VW Audi and Mercedes into account as well, it's nothing. Whilst Pelmet finds it hilarious Brexit has seen thousands of people losing their jobs, i don't think j/start derives the same pleasure.

That must be why their chief Monkey is so worried ;-) .........

Lack of peanuts........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.ebcae29fcae27a2d5656b00dc9e4a51f.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-08 6:42 PM

Because they are not stupid enough to want to end a deal thats advantageous to us both.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-10-08 11:29 PM

Because they are not stupid enough to want to end a deal thats advantageous to us both.

So they DO need us more than we need them ;-) ..........

Where as No Deal will just be advantageous to Us >:-) ..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.5ae5812fdcc3757117ee44457b2b658c.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-09 8:53 AM

Just because free trade is good for everyone does not mean they need us more than we need them.

Roughly half our trade is with them, and about 6% of their trade is with us.

In the name of Sanity, how can you conclude they need us more than we need them?

John52 - 2020-10-09 9:01 AM

Just because free trade is good for everyone does not mean they need us more than we need them.

In the name of Sanity, how can you conclude they need us more than we need them?

You may as well just debate with a rabid Hamster that has brain damage. Its just pointless. Dave now is wondering why the EU haven't walked away. Where are they going to walk away to? The EU will carry on as normal and is going nowhere. Its us that are walking away. Its in the interest of the EU to try and broker a sensible deal and of course the longer and easier the transition the better it is for them as it gives their countries more time to prepare and as we have seen to hoover up the flow of outgoing business from the UK but they will never compromise their single market at any cost.

You could liken Brexit to a car crash. They come in various forms. To Europe it will be either like a dented bumper or maybe a busted radiator as well. To the UK it will be a right off with the occupants having to be cut out.

Guest pelmetman

Why should the 95% of UK businesses that don't export to the EU be expected to put up with the red tape and extra costs just so that the 5% can export? *-) .........

Seems to me you Loser exported your sanity a long time ago..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.28d3a5c10ba42f724f238268336f7df4.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-10 10:30 AM

Why should the 95% of UK businesses that don't export to the EU be expected to put up with the red tape and extra costs just so that the 5% can export? *-) .........

That 5% figure is bollox. It doesnt include smaller traders, online business or services which is massive. The truth is there is no accurate figure but if its only 5% then considering nearly half our exports of goods and services are into the EU then someone is doing flaming well!

Barryd999 - 2020-10-10 11:47 AM

That 5% figure is bollox. It doesnt include smaller traders, online business or services which is massive. The truth is there is no accurate figure but if its only 5% then considering nearly half our exports of goods and services are into the EU then someone is doing flaming well!

Exactly

Doesn't include all those supplying components and services to the exporters either.

Name the businesses that don't export and what is their annual turnover?

Archived