Problem with Thetford Toilet

Gerry

When we press the electric button to operate the water flow on a 1999 Thetford toilet nothing happens.

The water supply is good, and I checked the fuses but they are still intact??

I tried phoning Thetford but can't get any to talk to; have they all been gassed in Nuneaton!

Gerry.

Hi

You say that you have checked the fuses. Does this include the one in the housing where the cassette fits? It may be an idea to change the appropriate fuse because they sometimes look OK when in fact they have failed or check them with a meter if you have one.

Hi Gerry,

You will need to test with a multimeter to find whether there is a 12v supply to the switch and then the pump if you have a live supply to the pump then that is possibly faulty, if you have a live supply to the switch but not beyond then the switch is faulty, if you have no supply to the swith you either have a blown fuse or faulty supply feed.

You can obtain repair manuals by going to the following webpage and selecting your toilet from the list

thetford.kpnis.nl/web/show/id=51449/langid=42

Hope that helps.

Bas

is yours the swivell bowl type? we just took delivery of a new van, flush stopped working on that, opened the cassette door and there is a thin blue wire, that is joined together but is slightly concealed behind a plastic moulding.

now the wire had come out of the very oversized crimpped joint, i have just slid the wire back in for now, but it cured the problem.

pete

we had same problem with our toilet..it was the swivel type. At the base of the toilet unit there was a small plastic cover that we removed. This revealed the wires,one of them was broken...looked like it had been cut.

used a scotchlok to fix wires together.....problem solved!

Archived