Alde system.

valsarhino

Help!!!

New to using the Alde 3010 system. We have drained off the water in the tank and the boiler. We understand that we can still use the heating without water in the boiler BUT how do we know if the water heater is off??? I’ve tried pressing the minus button but it doesn’t go any lower than half way!!! Would that be off? Don’t want to damage the boiler ??

Thanks Val.

Ours is an ALDE 3020 but probably very much like the 3010. The manual states that the boiler has two separate cylinders, one for the central heating and one for the hot water. "The combi boiler automatically produces hot water. Heat is emitted from the central heating cylinder into the hot water cylinder. If the hot water cylinder is empty the air is heated but no damage can result."

So it is fine to run the heating with no water in the domestic hot water system.

If you don't want to do that just put 20 litres into your tank, the boiler holds 8.4 litres so just open your hot tap until water comes out, that will ensure that the boiler is full.

valsarhino

Operating/installation instructions for the ALDE Compact 3010 heater are here.

https://products.alde.se/storage/media/15554022255cb58df1852ff/v-3010-01-rev-1315-bruks-installationsanvisning-compact-3010.pdf

I’ve no hands-on experience of ALDE Compact- appliances, but it’s fairly clear from the image attached below how the system functions and that draining the water-cylinder and then operating the heater should (as the ALDE instructions and Philip advise) cause no harm.

I note that different control-panels have been available for the 3010 appliance and that your Dethleffs motorhome is a 2011 model. As I’m not ALDE-literate, I don’t know what your question " how do I know that the water heater is off if it still shows the bar half way?” means, but as far as I can see water heating is a by-product of the Compact 3010 being switched on and, if water is in the water-cylinder and \central heaing’ is happening, that water will get heated. Essentially, water heaing will always be carried out when there is water in the water-cylinder and the Compact 3010 is turned on and running and there’s no way to turn water heating off independently. As Philip says, if the water-cylinder has been drained all that will happen when the Compact 3010 is switched on to provide central heating is that the air in the empty water-cylinder will be harmlessly warmed up.

The real risk is not operating a Compact 3010 with an empty water-cylinder, it is not draining completely the heater’s water-cylinder and the rest of the water system so that potential frost damage is prevented when a motorhome is unused during very cold weather.

891256445_ALDE3010.jpg.9d1d95ed93205d4728845e8826b5b5fc.jpg

Archived