Additional locks for lockers and garage

Guest JudgeMental

Additional locks for lockers and garage  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest JudgeMental

Have booked the alarm fitter for the week after I return from Belgium. He is also going to supply and fit “armour plates” to reinforce cab door locks. I think this is the best solution for a Ford, if it was a Fiat/Peugeot I would fit additional deadlocks.

Recommendations please from anyone that has fitted additional locks to caravan door and garage/lockers. As I need to supply these and they will fit.

strange the heading disappeared....

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2007-03-21 1:22 PM

Eddie

Did you get the Fiamma catalogue with the latest MMM? If so, have a look at the back or the catalogue. Various possibilities there.

Do you have any details of the armour plates for the Fords, please, or a link?

have not picked up magazine as yet as news agent had no copies...http://www.armaplate.com/home.cfmBrian Is your Burstner camper on a Fiat or Ford base?If a Fiat you really need dead locks as lock itself is weak and can be popped with a screwdriver.I think I will wait till I get camper to see what room is available regards lockers - the Fiamma locks look OK and easy enough to fit - so I may fit these myselfMichele, I shall deal with you later :-D

Hi all, I have a '89' Fiat Burstner and it even looks easy to break into, can I ask what kind of deadbolts or locks would help make it more secure?

------------------------------------------------------------------

"DOH!" ok i'm back

I've fitted a couple of 'Fiamma Safe Door' locks on the rear garage doors on my Rimor, fairly easy to do once you've got the holes drilled (4 for each one). You can get them singley or as a 3 pack (with same key locking). Cost about £52.00 for two of them.

You can also get some spacers for the back of the lock 'swing arm' bit to make them fit closer to the door itself but as yet I've been unable to get these as they are not in the country as yet, about £5-6 each set.

Very sturdy locks and you'd really have a job getting them off.

I've the same locks as Mel B on the garage doors of my rimor and the bigger one that converts into a handle over the caravan door - one break in to the garage was enough! Now it's alarmed, deadlocked, etc!

You could use these locks over the caravan door too (mounted to block the lock from access).

Although, I have always felt that the determined theif would burst open a window!

Archived