bolton

hymer1942

Guest peter
Frank will no doubt be along in a short while to let you know, as it's his patch. If he's feeling particularly generous he might let you park on the lawn in front of his mansion for a couple of bottles of cheap cider and a bag of chips.

hymer1942 - 2007-03-21 10:02 PM DOES ANYONE KNOW OF PARKING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS IN BOLTON THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A CAMPSITE FOR MILES. ANY INFO WELCOME

Suggest that you park in Yorkshire and get public transport over the Pennines.

Park anywhere in Lancashire and you're in serious danger of losing your wheels.....

hymer1942 - 2007-03-21 10:02 PM DOES ANYONE KNOW OF PARKING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS IN BOLTON THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A CAMPSITE FOR MILES. ANY INFO WELCOME

Now being serious, Frank is probably the expert, but the new CC site at Burrs Park is quite near.

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Where and when are you going and what's the approximate schedule? I may be able to help. PM me if you don't want to tell the world.

Edited to say. I'm in London all day tomorrow so don't think that I'm ignoring you if there's no rapid response.

hymer1942 - 2007-03-21 10:02 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF PARKING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS IN BOLTON

THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A CAMPSITE FOR MILES. ANY INFO WELCOME

Bolton Council's reply to my enquiry was: "Bolton Metro car parks have height restriction barriers in place, the restricted height for vehicles is 2.5 metres. The Traffic Regulation Order states that vehicles authorised for parking places are; Solo motor cycles, Motor vehicles constructed or adapted for the use of conveyance of heavy goods or burden the unladen weight of which does not exceed 1525kg. Invalid carriages, solo pedal cycles and motor cars. Unfortunately, any other kind of vehicles does not fit the above criteria, therefore, cannot use the car parking facilities.

We have no on or off street facilities for motor homes. "

As earlier posters said, unfortunately you need to find somewhere reasonably close and use public transport.

Graham

rwhites1 - 2007-03-22 12:20 AM

find out where fred dibnah parked his traction engine :-D

From the size and weight of it I think the answer to that is "anywhere he blooomin' well liked" (lol) (lol) (lol)

Graham

Lots of off-road parking around Rivington, which isn't too far from Bolton.

Rivington Barn has got 2 biggish car parks without height barriers, and I've not seen any restrictive signs. Also, there are many lanes, off the main roads, where horse boxes are parked whilst the horses are being walked.

Watch out for the motorbikers, very popular area for serious bikers.

Allen

Guest starspirit

Bolton Council's reply to my enquiry was: "Bolton Metro car parks have height restriction barriers in place, the restricted height for vehicles is 2.5 metres. The Traffic Regulation Order states that vehicles authorised for parking places are; Solo motor cycles, Motor vehicles constructed or adapted for the use of conveyance of heavy goods or burden the unladen weight of which does not exceed 1525kg. Invalid carriages, solo pedal cycles and motor cars. Unfortunately, any other kind of vehicles does not fit the above criteria, therefore, cannot use the car parking facilities.

Graham

With an attitude like that why would any Motorhome owner ever want to go to Bolton?

starspirit - 2007-03-22 12:07 PM

Graham

With an attitude like that why would any Motorhome owner ever want to go to Bolton?

Perhaps you'd be visiting your old mucker Frank?

D. >:-)

Guest starspirit

Of course Dave - why didn't I think of that?

I wonder if Frank's CL certificate for his front garden has come through yet?

starspirit - 2007-03-22 12:45 PM

I wonder if Frank's CL certificate for his front garden has come through yet?

I suppose they could always add value to the Reebock Stadium by turning it into a Camping Site (lol) (lol) (lol)

Graham

P.S. Scuse me while I go to find my tin hat (lol)

GJH - 2007-03-22 1:23 PM
starspirit - 2007-03-22 12:45 PM I wonder if Frank's CL certificate for his front garden has come through yet?
I suppose they could always add value to the Reebock Stadium by turning it into a Camping Site (lol) (lol) (lol) Graham P.S. Scuse me while I go to find my tin hat (lol)

Surely you'd be better doing that with the Riverside Stadium the way Middlesbrough are playing.....

Bazza454 - 2007-03-22 1:29 PM

Surely you'd be better doing that with the Riverside Stadium the way Middlesbrough are playing.....

That place has never had any value since they stopped the car boot sales on a Sunday morning (lol) (lol) Graham

Guest starspirit
Scuse me while I go to find my tin hat (lol)

I don't suppose you were ever in TV where you Mr 'Odges?

Don't panic Captain Mainwaring.

Don't tell him Pike - stupid boy!

starspirit - 2007-03-22 3:09 PM

I don't suppose you were ever in TV where you Mr 'Odges?

No - and I don't suppose I ever will be now. It would have been bad enough trying to fit in one of them old wooden cabinets. No chance at all with these flat screen LCD jobbies (lol) (lol) (lol)

Graham

Archived