Marker Lights

pat terry

Hello I was wondering if any body has had trouble finding the fuse for the marker lights on a fiat ducato 2010 Burstner Solano. I was giving the wires on one of the lights a a bit of a wriggle as it wasn't working and managed to blow the fuse the side lights still work so they must have there own fuse somewhere. I would be grateful as I've got a mot booked in a couple of days thanks

Not conclusive, but....

If you have a Schaudt EBL supplying the habitation electrics, at around the vintage of your 'van the (additional) external lights were often supplied directly from there, and fused there as well. (at later dates, various additional boxes have been used).

It is worth a check (the EBL manual for the random 2011 model I've just checked has the appropriate fuse adequately named, albeit it might be in a language other than English).

If you don't diagnose the issue immediately, it would be worthwhile posting which model EBL you have fitted (assuming it is an EBL).

As a follow up, I've just perused a 2012 manual (the nearest I can find to 2010) for a Solano, and this details the fitment of an EBL99, which does not supply the marker lights.

By this year, the additional box already mentioned was in play. A Schaudt AD01 unit, blue, and around the size of a large (kitchen) matchbox. It carries a number of fuses, and in 2012 was described as being in the driver or passenger seat pedestal (though it might be somewhere else).

Check the EBLxxx first, and if it doesn't demonstrate the appropriate fuses, go looking for the man AD01. (TBH, the AD01 can be used for various purposes, not only driving the additional body lights, so there could be more than one, but a blown fuse, probably 5A, should be indicative)

The AD01 looks like this:

https://www.4campers.nl/5339/schaudt-adapter-ad01-ad02-of-ad03.jpg

pat terry - 2020-10-31 6:53 PM Hello I was wondering if any body has had trouble finding the fuse for the marker lights on a fiat ducato

Just an off chance but I found one to have a fuse and relay switch at the back of the D/Side door pillar from memory you need to remove the bottom plastic housing it wasn't part of OEM fuse equipment found there but a after fitment fuse and relay powered off the fiat junction left there for the converters. This particular van the marker lights where a after market fitment

Archived