I thought it was bad enough here

Don Madge

I've been complaining about the cold for the last few days but after reading the following report on conditions in northern Spain I feel a lot better.

If we had left Portugal a week later we might have been stuck with all the truckers.

Usually at this time of the year the conditions do not last too long so if you are heading that way you can check the snow forecast at

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/ib_dynamical.shtml

"Spring arrived in Spain yesterday at 0107, with the snow storms and high winds continuing in the north of the country.

The National Meteorological Institute says more snow will fall between 200 and 800 metres.

23 mountain passes remain closed in Burgos, Cantabria, Navarra, León, La Rioja and La Palma, and chains are needed on a further 35 roads.

Traffic details at http://www.dgt.es

More than 1000 lorries are trapped in the snow in the province of Burgos, and now the Government Sub Delegation has ordered that no more heavy goods vehicles be allowed on the province’s roads until conditions improve.

1,057 lorries are on the A-62 and A 1 roads in Estépar, Gumiel de Izán and Fontioso.¨

Bus services in the area between Bilbao and Victoria, Logroño, Pamplona, Burgos and Madrid have all been cancelled.

The N1 road has been closed to lorries between Navarra and Vitoria and other vehicles have to use tyre chains.

The snow is forecast to continue."

Don

Don

In the light of your report I think we should both keep our heads down. I seem to recall us both advising someone that they would be most unlikely to encounter snow in the second half of March. We did add a get out though!

RonB - 2007-03-22 6:50 PM

Don

In the light of your report I think we should both keep our heads down. I seem to recall us both advising someone that they would be most unlikely to encounter snow in the second half of March. We did add a get out though!

Ron,

It might have slipped your notice but this is the third half of March and not the second. 8-) 8-)

Don

Archived