Replacement Carpets

Mike-the-red

My first port of call would be to find a small carpet shop and ask if they could make up the size carpets to your patterns complete with bound edges. If they cannot do it they probably know somewhere that can. chas

Guest starspirit

I went to Carpetright and bought a 5' off cut from a decent 13' wide carpet roll for about £20 and spent a nice morning wrestling with it in the van.

Result - I needed a shower - but carpet over entire habitation floor area and in one piece so it does not move about.

Benefits - warm feet, less road noise, looks more homely, cheap.

Drawbacks - can be removed but easier swept / hoovered in situ.

When it gets too mucky I will just go and get another bit and use the first as a template.

Hello Mike,

On advice I used "Kitchen/Bathroom" carpet which is stain resistant and washable. Took the patterns, cut from the existing carpet, and the local Carpet Shop made up the new carpets, from off-cuts, with bound edges, cost £130.

In my case I kept the original carpet, which was new had the Trigano Logos stitched in but an impractical dark blue colour, to put back in the van later if and when it is sold.

Regards,

Mike.

Guest starspirit

My carpet was Scotch Guard treated and has been fitted for about 13 months and still looks like new.

Mind you we do leave our wellies off in the evening and even the dog has to wipe her feet on my trousers before being allowed to wash her bum on the new carpet.

An old towel in the doorway when wet works wonders for wet and mud absorption and is still good enough to use in the shower the following morning.

starspirit - 2007-03-22 3:15 PM

Mind you we do leave our wellies off in the evening and even the dog has to wipe her feet on my trousers before being allowed to wash her bum on the new carpet.

An old towel in the doorway when wet works wonders for wet and mud absorption and is still good enough to use in the shower the following morning.

By 'eck. Your dog must be clever if she can have a shower and towel herself dry in the morning (lol) (lol)

Graham

Guest starspirit
Of course she's clever Graham - not only is she a Border Collie but she has a smarty pants as a trainer of course.

starspirit - 2007-03-22 8:27 PM

Of course she's clever Graham - not only is she a Border Collie but she has a smarty pants as a trainer of course.

Does she wash her smart pants and trainers in the shower as well Richard? (lol) (lol)

Graham

Guest peter
I used good quality carpet tiles in mine. waterproof and easilly cleaned. Or if really badly worn just lift the old ones out and replace with new. You can even clean them with bleach according to the blurb. Don't need edging or sticking down. Use card templates for any funny shaped bits and transfer to the tile for cutting. I'm well pleased with mine.

Hi Mike,

I replaced my carpets by buying a lemgth off the roll at the local carpet shop, took the originals out of the van and used them as templates, and cut replacements. Took the pieces back to the shop and had them bound - much cheaper than factory replacements, and you have a choice of quality and colour.

For professional replacements, contact Kustom Sport in Yorkshire - they produce the original carpets for the major UK motorhome manufactures, and are a friendly family company and usually have a stand at the outdoor shows, but much dearer than the DIY method

Ken

Guest starspirit

Does she wash her smart pants and trainers in the shower as well Richard?

Graham

Now that's just plain silly Graham.

Being a lady dogess she only ever wears mini skirts and never smart pants of course, she never 'pawses' to remove her footwear to shower and the only pants she likes is after a good run.

starspirit - 2007-03-23 7:13 PM

Now that's just plain silly Graham.

Being a lady dogess she only ever wears mini skirts and never smart pants of course, she never 'pawses' to remove her footwear to shower and the only pants she likes is after a good run.

I wasn't born daft you know - taken years of practice to reach this stage (lol) *-) (lol)

Graham

Guest starspirit

Which reminds me of one of my mate's favourite sayings.

'Tell me, Sir, were you born an ars#hole or did you have to practise to reach your current level of perfection?'

PS Eureka! Found the way to get ars#hole into print!

Mike The Red.

On every van we have had we have taken the carpets out from day one.

Rolled em up and put em away. Luckily we were having new carpets laid and have just used and cut around like a template.

The carpet we have at the moment is beige coffee colour its ruined now but it's a nice feeling knowing I dont have to worried it hoovers well nice and warm.

I would suggest that you can still by a BEX BIZZEL carpet clearner failing that take them out put on a patio and throw over a concoction of carpet cleaner washing up liquid febreeze disenfectant and with a hard brush scrub like hell . Then hang them to dry over your line you would be amazed how clean they come up looking like new... Good luck........saves buying new ones........

Mel B - 2007-03-24 10:08 PM

twooks - 2007-03-23 8:58 PM

tis true you know - little things DO keep little minds happily occupied for daze *-)

So you've got little things then! 8-)

no, but I know a man who has :->

[Q. what ad did that phrase come from]

'chele - can you still get a Bex Bissell??

advantage of the mats is you can take them out 'n' shake 'em all about, and only need carry a small brush and dustpan for the rest of the 'housework'.

B-)

twooks - 2007-03-26 4:47 PM

Mel B - 2007-03-24 10:08 PM

twooks - 2007-03-23 8:58 PM

tis true you know - little things DO keep little minds happily occupied for daze *-)

So you've got little things then! 8-)

no, but I know a man who has :->

[Q. what ad did that phrase come from]

"... you can take them out 'n' shake 'em all about".

Ooo-errrr Missus!!!

8-)

Archived