Billing Prices ?

Jana

Have any other motorhomers looked at the prices for Billing ?

I am astounded at the sheer nerve to have

Motorhomes High season 2nd May to 2nd September (long high seasson) and they are charging £29

In low season it is £25.

Now this is where the sheer nerve part comes in

Tents and Tourers are £19 High season £16 low season

Electric hook up £4 (7.5 amps)

How do they think we should pay £10 more than a caravan., And we all know who uses more ground, more electric etc.

I will be voting with my feet and avoiding rip off prices.

Although they do a bargain weekend 2/3 November @ £20.00

http://www.billingaquadrome.com/rates2.php

As Terry Wogan says "is it me" ?

Wondering what anyone else thinks.

Graham, its south east of Northamton just off the A428 about 20miles from me, I went there about 40years ago with my grandperrants in their new Ace Ambassador, never been back, they would have to pay me a damn sight more than £29 for me to go there

Guest peter
Jana - 2007-03-22 6:26 PM

Have any other motorhomers looked at the prices for Billing ?

I am astounded at the sheer nerve to have

Motorhomes High season 2nd May to 2nd September (long high seasson) and they are charging £29

In low season it is £25.

Now this is where the sheer nerve part comes in

Tents and Tourers are £19 High season £16 low season

Electric hook up £4 (7.5 amps)

How do they think we should pay £10 more than a caravan., And we all know who uses more ground, more electric etc.

I will be voting with my feet and avoiding rip off prices.

Although they do a bargain weekend 2/3 November @ £20.00

http://www.billingaquadrome.com/rates2.php

As Terry Wogan says "is it me" ?

Wondering what anyone else thinks.

Why would you want to go there anyway. It's a massive static park. Unless you have kid's theres not much there for adults. I live not far from there and pass it regularly.

You have all shattered one of my long-lasting illusions. My Paternal Grandfather was called Billing and came from Northamptonshire. I knew of Billing aquadrome and assumed it to be a small country park, which one day I would visit. Over the years I have never found myself in the vicinity, so am still waiting to visit the birthplace ( possibly) of the Billing clan.

Now I read that it is far different to my dreams! Shame on you all! But at least you have saved me £29 a night! Any CL's nearby?

Guest starspirit

The easiest access is to follow the signs off the A45 twixt Northampton and Wellingborough.

It's a huge park with some nice walks, lakes to fish, boat access to the River Nene (It used to be called Billing Aquadrome) and lots of entertainment for the kids - well it was last time we were there which was about 20 years ago when they held Motor Caravan shows in the grounds.

Lover as I am of big sites and silly site fees it must be said that there is a lot to see and do for families without leaving the site and the touring area used to be well away from the noisy bits.

Archived