Pat Price re old corgi

Guest Sylvia Burman-Hunt

Guest Sylvia Burman-Hunt
Thanks for your reply to my assorted dogs in Duetto message. Sam is a rescue corgi and has always been a dreadful bully, not only to the two younger bitches but also to Mum and I. Also his arthritis bothers him getting in and out of the van and the number of walks he has to take going off site for "business" reasons. He is a deeply affectionate dog and we make probably more allowance for his behaviour because of his rescue past, having been through 5 homes through no fault of his own apart from persistent destructiveness, before he came to us at 7. Certainly Mum has found the holiday less fraught without Sam as he simply will not move out of your way but threatens by snarling or snapping if he thinks you will tread on him. The guide dog pup respects him enormously and is quite submissive to him, and I agree that it has taught her a lot about weighing up other dogs and how to behave around them. We know that he was well treated with lots of affection in the kennels, friends who take their dogs over many years always speak highly of the care their dogs receive, and we are very satisfied that they made every effort to ensure his well-being and confidence. Thanks for your thoughts.

Archived