Not politically correct enough?

StuartO

This chapwho was pushed to resign from the FA seems to have said unacceptable things - in particular he referred to "coloured football players" instead of football players of colour.

Wasn't there more to it than that? Surely that cannot have been a sacking error?

The 'coloured' term i've always believed to be a generational thing. My parents were both very anti-racist but as a kid growing up in the 50's i'd never hear them use the term 'blacks', it was always 'coloured'. Now of course it's the other way around and we use the word 'black', not 'coloured'. If you remember back in the late 50's early 60's racist landlords would stick notices in their windows says "no blacks, no Irish, no dogs". They used 'black' as it was derogatory and offensive.

However being in the position he was before resigning i'd have thought he was more in touch, but obviously not as he referred to being gay as a 'life choice' and female footballers 'afraid of being hit by the ball'. Seems a bit of a knuckle dragger to me!

StuartO - 2020-11-11 12:42 PM

This chapwho was pushed to resign from the FA seems to have said unacceptable things - in particular he referred to "coloured football players" instead of football players of colour.

Wasn't there more to it than that? Surely that cannot have been a sacking error?

Maybe not

Could be just because the FA, like everywhere else, has higher standards than those we have got used to in Cumming's Government.

Archived