travel through France to Spain?

fesspark

the winter migration to spain via france will possibly start again after the 2nd Dec; I would like to hear the opinions of this forum as to the safety of this route due to brexit. We were hit with a rifle pellet that dented our m,home when we last drove in france, we think from the yellow coats. So we are a little wary of this route, fesspark

fesspark - 2020-11-19 1:25 PM

the winter migration to spain via france will possibly start again after the 2nd Dec; I would like to hear the opinions of this forum as to the safety of this route due to brexit. We were hit with a rifle pellet that dented our m,home when we last drove in france, we think from the yellow coats. So we are a little wary of this route, fesspark

Are you prepared to risk death to those around you ?

Guest pelmetman

In my opinion ;-) ......

Anyone who is prepared to travel as a tourist in a Pandemic is a idiot *-) .......

Just sayin........

I did not expect this answer? today we had an email from our friends who live in arunal, alicanti and they made me very envious as yesterday they had been for a swim in the sea, day before walking in the hills (or mountains) and went to neighbours for tapa,s and a nice glass or two of wine, we are in lock down and since march have mostly only been out to shop.at our age if we do not go abroad before long we will never go again,so very optimistic of going soon fesspark

We are currently in lockdown in Morlaix in Brittany. The french Prime Minister has recently advised that on 1 December the lockdown may continue until Christmas perhaps with a few more shops being allowed to open. All other measures are likely to remain in place such as no essential travel and having to complete the declaration giving personal details and date, time, destination and reason for being out (including walking) every time you go out. This may preclude coming over until Christmas and I understand that Spain is also considering extending restrictions.

It has not been so bad but be warned we have witnessed police checks being carried out even in the town and had a visit just today to check how long we had been here and how long we intended before moving on.

David

fesspark - 2020-11-19 5:53 PM

Maybe when life expectancy is short you like us would be prepared to take a gamble. fesspark

Thats a fair point.

But the problem is the virus doesn't move, people move, and can take the virus with them. You will stop for fuel, food, etc so there is the potential to pick the virus up - you're prepared to take that risk apparently, and who am I to judge - BUT you can pass the virus on to others, and that is unfair and irresponsible in my humble opinion

Guest pelmetman
fesspark - 2020-11-19 5:53 PM

Maybe when life expectancy is short you like us would be prepared to take a gamble. fesspark

I doubt it :-| .......

As I was in Spain when it went into lockdown ;-) .......

Perhaps, more relevant, would be. When might we expect a limitation of those who wish to travel in to the UK?.

The desire to progress to Espania, has to be set against the reluctance of others to have hundreds of potential carriers transiting their countryside. I suppose one might look at the more direct route, by sea to Northern Spanish Ports?.

Guest pelmetman
PeteH - 2020-11-19 6:23 PM

Perhaps, more relevant, would be. When might we expect a limitation of those who wish to travel in to the UK?.

The desire to progress to Espania, has to be set against the reluctance of others to have hundreds of potential carriers transiting their countryside. I suppose one might look at the more direct route, by sea to Northern Spanish Ports?.

I doubt the Spanish will be fans of motorhome owners wandering around Spain :-| ........

We have friends who are now locked down on a almost empty usualy full site in Spain ;-) ........

Whether the campsite decides its no longer viable or the Spanish government decides to tell them to sod off is only a matter of time......as we and Spain are just on the verge of the winter flu season 8-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-11-19 6:35 PM

I doubt the Spanish will be fans of motorhome owners wandering around Spain :-| ........

We have friends who are now locked down on a almost empty usualy full site in Spain ;-) ........

Whether the campsite decides its no longer viable or the Spanish government decides to tell them to sod off is only a matter of time......as we and Spain are just on the verge of the winter flu season 8-) .......

That I too suspect is a moot point. What do they do?, do they let (you/them) travel to Blighty? will you be allowed to transit France?. And obviously on return you/they will be expected to self isolate for a period?. It`s different of course for those returning on Aircraft. as you board and exit at the destination.

Then, comes the fact that Businesses (and campsite are businesses) need to continue to flourish. It`s what all Governments are currently wrestling with. The USA, has a worse situation, as there, if you don`t work, there is NO support. No 80% furlough (and gov`y jobs on the side) for the Americans White or Ethnic!. Hence why their figures are through the roof, and would have been whoever had been in charge.

Guest pelmetman
PeteH - 2020-11-19 8:11 PM

pelmetman - 2020-11-19 6:35 PM

That I too suspect is a moot point. What do they do?, do they let (you/them) travel to Blighty? will you be allowed to transit France?. And obviously on return you/they will be expected to self isolate for a period?. It`s different of course for those returning on Aircraft. as you board and exit at the destination.

Then, comes the fact that Businesses (and campsite are businesses) need to continue to flourish. It`s what all Governments are currently wrestling with.

We were thinking we would sweat it out in Spain, seeing as we were there when Chinky Flu arrived ;-) .......

When I saw on the local telly Spanish nurses in Hazmat suits I realised it wasn't just the flu 8-) ......

Although our campsite kept saying we would be allowed to stay right up to the week before the Spanish government said F off 8-) ........

Then we had the additional problem of travelling back through France, who demanded a bit of paper why you were travelling......in French ;-) .......

Add into the potmess that whilst we were traveling if you broke down you were stuffed 8-) .......

I never blessed Old Horace so much as he never missed a beat and got us home in 3 days towing a trailor :-D ........

Not bad for a 30 year old camper B-) ........

We have stayed in Spain and our van is in storage and we are comfortably in our house. The important thing to look at, if you are heading either south or north, is the Government website. All the travel requirements are there and advice. All areas in Spain are on some form of lockdown, and this means it is not easy to travel between provinces. However, sites are open with social distancing, and this current lockdown is due to finish on the 23rd November, but that may well be extended, depending on the infection rate. Shops are open and this is a much milder lockdown than the first one.

We have booked a site in Torrox Costa for Christmas and new year so just hope we are able to get there!

Guest pelmetman
flyboyprowler - 2020-11-19 9:33 PM

We have stayed in Spain and our van is in storage and we are comfortably in our house. The important thing to look at, if you are heading either south or north, is the Government website. All the travel requirements are there and advice. All areas in Spain are on some form of lockdown, and this means it is not easy to travel between provinces. However, sites are open with social distancing, and this current lockdown is due to finish on the 23rd November, but that may well be extended, depending on the infection rate. Shops are open and this is a much milder lockdown than the first one.

We have booked a site in Torrox Costa for Christmas and new year so just hope we are able to get there!

"this is a much milder lockdown than the first one."

It's only November :-| ........

We had a weird lurgy that was rampant on our campsite last November ;-) ........

Our friends tested positive for having had Chinky Flu when they got back 8-) .......

Cant say I'm keen to get another dose........

More likely to be from drunk hunters after their lunch & wine.

Things will have to change in Spain first before you plan to go.

At the moment you are not permitted to travel outside of the municipality that you are in.

All non essential businesses have to close at 6pm includes bars & restaurants.

I am sure some of the motorhomes we have seen have been moving around and some are just using different car parks every few days up & down the beach.

Hi

What really bugs me! When the last lockdown ended, huge crowds thought it was time to party on the beaches. Instead of some common sense social distancing. The same thing is happening now. Locally we are seeing on T-V large numbers of "Christmas Shoppers". being encouraged by irresponsible store owners. eg; A book store, with Toilet rolls in the window as justification to open?. Other shop`s open when they should technically be closed. And no one doing anything about it!. Police, councils, etc; obviously turning the blind eye. Whilst the stores are open the same IDIOTS who went to beach party`s, will use them. So the cycle will start all over again.

Can I travel home to the UK? For transit through France. You will need a form each for each day of travel, it can be hand written, and you may need to show your ferry or tunnel booking.

The form requires your name, address in the UK where you were born, date of birth, reason for travel

Yes.

You have the right to leave the country and return to your home. Transport services in France will be maintained, so it will be possible to travel to airports, train stations or ferry ports.

You will need to fill out an exemption form (attestation de déplacement) and check the box, “Déplacements pour motif familial impérieux, pour l'assistance aux personnes vulnérables et précaires ou la garde d'enfants”.

Beside it you should write something similar to: “Je retourne dans mon pays d'origine” (I am returning to my home country).

If you are stopped, you may also be asked to show your travel ticket.

ATTESTATION DE DÉPLACEMENT DÉROGATOIRE

En application de l'article 51 du décret n° 2020-1262 du 16 octobre 2020 prescrivant les mesures générales nécessaires pour faire face à l'épidémie de covid-19 dans le cadre de l'état d'urgence sanitaire?

Je soussigné(e),

Mme/M. :

Né(e) le : à :

Demeurant :

certifie que mon déplacement est lié au motif suivant (cocher la case) autorisé en application des mesures générales nécessaires pour faire face à l'épidémie de Covid19 dans le cadre de l'état d'urgence sanitaire1 :

[ ] Déplacements entre le domicile et le lieu d'exercice de l'activité professionnelle ou le lieu d'enseignement et de formation

?[ ] Déplacements pour des consultations et soins ne pouvant être assurés à distance et ne pouvant être différés ou pour l'achat de produits de santé

[ ] Déplacements pour motif familial impérieux, pour l'assistance aux personnes vulnérables ou précaires ou pour la garde d'enfants

[ ] Déplacements des personnes en situation de handicap et de leur accompagnant

[ ] Déplacements pour répondre à une convocation judiciaire ou administrative

?[ ] Déplacements pour participer à des missions d'intérêt général sur demande de l'autorité administrative

[ ] Déplacements liés à des transits pour des déplacements de longues distances

[ ] Déplacements brefs, dans un rayon maximal d'un kilomètre autour du domicile pour les besoins des animaux de compagnie??

Fait à :

Le : à :

(Date et heure de début de sortie à mentionner obligatoirement)??Signature :

Archived