Tesco Clubcard / Coupons

Way2Go

This is just a brief run down.

1. You need to buy from Tesco and have a club card on which they award you points for all your shopping, we also have a Tesco Credit card for which we get more points for using that too.

2. Every 3 months Tesco send you a statement with your points turned into vouchers which you can exchange at the shop for the value shown. The majority of normal shopper get around £20.

3. These vouchers however are worth 4 times their value if used to travel , so your £20 would now be worth £80 for your travel or to buy goods from certain shops, or visit particular tourist attractions. There are a whole host of things they can be used for which is shown in a booklet that comes with the vouchers.

4. This week we got our vouchers together , looked on the Tunnel site and worked out how much our crossing would be for when we want to go. We then went onto the Tesco club site and there you enter how many vouchers you would like to submit to them and it goes up automatically until you reach around the amount you want. If the calculator goes over the amount and you send that off any remaining money is converted back into vouchers and added to your next set of vouchers that come through the door. If however you don't have enough then you can pay the remainder by credit card .

5. It only takes around 3 days for the vouchers to return from Tesco they are very efficient at this, they will have printed on what you wish to use them for ie the tunnel. These vouchers last 3 months, but you can book in advance using them, so if you have any left over just use them to cross months ahead if you can think that far. The original vouchers can be saved for 2 years.

6. Ring the Tunnel and tell them when you wish to go having already got the times and prices off here. She will ask how you wish to pay, they are really helpful when you do it first time, I hadn't a clue and she just explained everything all the way through. Once you have booked the tunnel and sorted the payment out with them you need to get the vouchers in the post to them for "next day delivery" and they give you the address for this to go to, along with a SAE.

7. You then get a printed sheet back with the number on it for entrance to the tunnel . and bobs your uncle as you say.

8. What the tunnel is like I have no idea , we travel next week. We have just now got fresh vouchers to travel again in the tunnel during Whit week.

hope this helps

Mandy

sorry can't do links yet

Hi michelle

We have just booked ours (using Tesco vouchers) for aug/sept with daytime crossings and it came to £153.

It is more expensive than some ferries but there are cheaper times too. The benefit to us is the speed and efficiency of the crossing and the dogs get to stay with us in the van so no more trauma for them.

As we shop at Tesco normally the crossing is, essentially, 'free'.

Regards, David

I have decided to save mine up to use with P and O to Bilbao next year as no way can I justify paying the high prices otherwise. Thought we were going this year until AT ferries pulled out so think we will try our vouchers next year.

Mind you I have grown to dislike everything tesco stands for now and love nipping into the local Aldi instead so don't think we will have enough vouchers to spend as the kids have flown the nest now as well.

Has anyone used vouchers with P+O??

cHRIS

Using the vouchers with P&O is very easy.Similar to EuroTunnel.

Get your Vouchers from Tesco for P&O.Select sailings and price from the P&O booking screens.Phone P&O to book and tell them you have Tesco vouchers.Post vouchers to P&O via recorded delivery.Any surplus over fare is posted to your debit card.Charge for use of credit card.

Now the question of whether you would have saved more by shopping at Morrisons and Lidl rather than Tesco and paying full fare is not one the dog and i could possibly answer.

N

Nick Miller - 2007-03-24 3:26 PM Using the vouchers with P&O is very easy.Similar to EuroTunnel. Get your Vouchers from Tesco for P&O.Select sailings and price from the P&O booking screens.Phone P&O to book and tell them you have Tesco vouchers.Post vouchers to P&O via recorded delivery.Any surplus over fare is posted to your debit card.Charge for use of credit card. Now the question of whether you would have saved more by shopping at Morrisons and Lidl rather than Tesco and paying full fare is not one the dog and i could possibly answer. N

Nick,

If you appreciate good food, then you'll probably stick with Tesco.....

Mark,

Hope you don't mind me asking but what dates are you travelling and returning and how much are you paying? We were going with AT for £5oo return out July back August with 7metre van. When I looked at a single crossing back with Brittany it was £619 single!

What I want to do next year is judge when the best time to book is? Are there early booking savings with P+O. vERY OFTEN THE CROSSING CAN BE REASONABLE BUT HAVING TO BOOK a cabin bumps the price up sky high.

Any suggestions on how else to keep the price down is welcomed.

Chris

Archived