Not happy

Elaine

Went a run in our new motorhome yesterday.It was a beautiful day and excellent day out. We stopped to have lunch when I noticed a screw coming out the side of the panel below our fixed bed. When I say below I mean on the side that is in full view to me. When I had a closer look I found some silicon the same colour as the panel hiding another larger break in the wood. Can I complain about this? If so what can Iexpect to be done about it?

Elaine,

Re your earlier posts, it's a new Hymer.

Contact the dealer immediately and insist that the faulty panels are replaced, at their expense, and this should include any travel/inconvenience expenses.

Also follow this up with a letter to their MD expressing your disapointment, you should be able to find this "gentlemens" name from their website.

Allow them four weeks to make good to your satisfaction, if the work is not completed within this time, contact Trading Standards. Last resort is to insist on a full refund as the goods are "not fit for purpose".

Best of luck.

Thanks Bazz, it would not have bothered me so much if it had just been the screw which had split the wood but the fact that they knew they had done it and tried to cover it with silicon the same colour as the panel!

Guest starspirit

If you have a friend who is a caravanner, motorhomer, keen DIYer or has some experience of cabinet work etc Elaine it might be worth getting them to go over the whole van with you looking for trouble so that the whole thing can be sorted in one visit.

It is so sad and disgraceful that the wonderful experience of buying any new 'van - but particularly a so called 'top marque' like Hymer - should be spoiled by uncaring and greedy dealers and or manufacturers and I for one would be politely making a lot of noise about this shoddy treatment.

I went over the full van as advised by all on the forum. But as they have tried to disguise the fault it was more difficult to see. As I said previously thats why I am more angry because they new they had done it and should have changed the panel then.

Archived