Who's Lying Now?..........

Guest pelmetman

colin - 2020-12-09 10:02 AM

For me Andrew Mar swept away any pretence she was a decent politician t'other week when he cornered her over when she knew about the Salmon accusations.

I didn't see that as i'm not much for Marr. However I remember during the leadership debate she won the night over the others and it's also worth remembering Sturgeon along with every party leader agreed to an interview with Andrew Neil.........apart from yellow streak Johnson who was sh1t scared and ran off.

I don't know what all the fuss is re. Sturgeon/Salmond but given much of it seems to be coming from the Wail and Pelmet is obviously having orgasms posting about it, I can only think it's more smear from the right wing who see Sturgeon as a threat and are obviously afraid and worried about her getting independence for Scotland.........otherwise they wouldn't be making such a fuss, would they?

Bulletguy - 2020-12-09 1:23 PM

Sturgeon along with every party leader agreed to an interview with Andrew Neil.........apart from yellow streak Johnson who was sh1t scared and ran off.

Nicola Sturgeon is on the radio or TV nearly every day taking questions, and ....

she answers the question she has been asked 8-)

Which is almost unheard of in Westminster

... unless its the state media BBC and the questions have been agreed in advance

If it wasn't for the £billions of your money BoJo is bribing us with to maintain his empire at your expense,

the Tories would have zero chance up here.

John52 - 2020-12-09 1:43 PM

Sturgeon along with every party leader agreed to an interview with Andrew Neil.........apart from yellow streak Johnson who was sh1t scared and ran off.

Nicola Sturgeon is on the radio or TV nearly every day taking questions, and ....

... unless its the state media BBC and the questions have been agreed in advance

If it wasn't for the £billions of your money BoJo is bribing us with to maintain his empire at your expense,

I like that about her. If they cock up or dont have an answer she just says so. I guess we have got used to having a populist moron in charge here in England that hearing an honest politician and leader tell it like it is is unusual.

Johnson just has to lie all the time. Its in his DNA. If London got nuked he would probably come on TV spouting that all was well, nothing to see here.

For me Andrew Mar swept away any pretence she was a decent politician t'other week when he cornered her over when she knew about the Salmon accusations.

I didn't see that as i'm not much for Marr. However I remember during the leadership debate she won the night over the others and it's also worth remembering Sturgeon along with every party leader agreed to an interview with Andrew Neil.........apart from yellow streak Johnson who was sh1t scared and ran off.

I don't know what all the fuss is re. Sturgeon/Salmond but given much of it seems to be coming from the Wail and Pelmet is obviously having orgasms posting about it, I can only think it's more smear from the right wing who see Sturgeon as a threat and are obviously afraid and worried about her getting independence for Scotland.........otherwise they wouldn't be making such a fuss, would they?

Andrew Mar exposed her as just another lying politician, there was no malice, just asked her simple questions as to when she knew of the allegations against Salmon.

My take on it was she and her cohorts where trying to set up Salmon, but I doubt we will ever get to the bottom of that.

As for Andrew Mar, he's a bit like Andrew Neil, he knows his stuff and when politicians start telling porkies he usually has the facts to hand unlike many interviewers who are left not knowing how to counter any lies as they are reading off a script, and when it drifts away from the script they are floundering. This leaves him unliked by all the political factions, left, right, and centre.

colin - 2020-12-09 3:18 PM

Andrew Mar exposed her as just another lying politician, there was no malice, just asked her simple questions as to when she knew of the allegations against Salmon.

My take on it was she and her cohorts where trying to set up Salmon, but I doubt we will ever get to the bottom of that.

As for Andrew Mar, he's a bit like Andrew Neil, he knows his stuff and when politicians start telling porkies he usually has the facts to hand unlike many interviewers who are left not knowing how to counter any lies as they are reading off a script, and when it drifts away from the script they are floundering. This leaves him unliked by all the political factions, left, right, and centre.

I find Marr a bit limp to be honest. We need a proper bully like Paxman to tear them all a new one.

colin - 2020-12-09 3:18 PM

I didn't follow the case other than being surprised when allegations came out then it went quiet until his court case at which he was cleared. So what went on behind (or within) party lines i've no idea. I don't think Salmond was going anywhere though even before the allegations. To me it seemed his political career was in the doldrums where Sturgeon has revived the SNP. Many Scots are still angry at being double crossed by Cameron.

To me Marr always comes over as a lightweight where Neil can be a bit of a bulldog at times which is what Johnson was afraid of. Paxo was by far the best, the ultimate Master Interrogator imo. Knew his politics inside out, extremely well read, intelligent, tenacious and a skilled interviewer. He was also very masterful at being impartial which all political interviewers should be, but that's easier said than done. Paxman also had a sense of humour and the most memorable one for me was his weather forecasts as shown in this clip.

Andrew Neil is OK, miss his late night program, Paxo is a pratt, he's a star in his own mind, his patronising performances on UC sum him up.

Marr lays out the facts, doesn't do stupid aggressive tactics, just asks the difficult questions and highlights where the answers are lies.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-12-09 1:43 PM

So Who's LYING her or her hubby? >:-) ...........

Archived