So Sorry Maggie

Barryd999

mtravel - 2020-12-15 4:56 PM

Waste of breath Barry

I just like to remind the rabid Brexiteers on here who idolise Maggie just how much she supported our membership of the Single Market and she was crucial in its creation I believe. If she had still be in power we wouldnt be in this mess, we wouldnt be leaving the Eu and we would have avoided electing a serial liar buffoon as PM.

From the Telegraph.

Charles Powell, Mrs Thatcher’s most trusted foreign affairs adviser in Number 10, said in September 2016 that Mrs Thatcher would have voted to stay in the EU.

And Caroline Slocock, who worked for Mrs Thatcher in 10 Downing Street from 1989 to 1991, claimed in May last year that she would have preferred to stay in the EU and fight to reform it. In one of the excerpts, Moore describes how Mrs Thatcher also suggested a referendum on the European single currency before she quit as Prime Minister.

It was 1992 when the Single Market was first launched properly and shortly after we all became EU citizens. Maggie played a massive part in that. As above, there was no doubt that she would have been a remainer, it was her baby! I suspect she would have been a lot more influential than many of her successors though. They would all have been to scared to say no to her. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-12-15 9:55 PM

It was 1992 when the Single Market was first launched properly and shortly after we all became EU citizens. Maggie played a massive part in that. As above, there was no doubt that she would have been a remainer, it was her baby! I suspect she would have been a lot more influential than many of her successors though. They would all have been to scared to say no to her. (lol)

Chuckle ... Days left till we leave fully and all Barry has is guff about Her Majesty left ... Barry still not giving "a toss about Brexit anymore" ... Silly hater

Barryd999 - 2020-12-15 6:11 PM

Waste of breath Barry

I just like to remind the rabid Brexiteers on here who idolise Maggie just how much she supported our membership of the Single Market and she was crucial in its creation I believe. If she had still be in power we wouldnt be in this mess, we wouldnt be leaving the Eu and we would have avoided electing a serial liar buffoon as PM.

Not so sure you are right....the EU wanted to get rid of our rebate....can’t see how she would have accepted that or a Federal Army .

jumpstart - 2020-12-16 8:21 AM

Waste of breath Barry

Not so sure you are right....the EU wanted to get rid of our rebate....can’t see how she would have accepted that or a Federal Army .

How is the so called federal army coming along? if it ever did happen Maggie would have been in charge of it.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-16 8:49 AM

Waste of breath Barry

How is the so called federal army coming along? if it ever did happen Maggie would have been in charge of it.

Like many projects from Brussels , ill conceaved and poorly thought out.

Thatcher always led from the front ,its just a shame there is no-one to give the EU a good handbag over the head anymore.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-15 9:55 PM

The third term was unwise. She had come to believe that she had all the answers, while gradually losing touch with what had given her her first victory - a clear understanding of what "ordinary people" wanted from government. The longer she remained PM, the further she drifted into folie de grandeur. It seems to get them all in the end, which is sad. The adoption of the "Royal we" was the first danger sign, IMO.

Even though I didn't like her, as a foreigner, I can't comment on Mrs. Thatcher and her job as prime minister.

But I remember a very dear friend of mine who lived in a small town just north of Luton.

He told me that, although he hated big cities, he was thinking of returning to London.

I asked him why.

He told me that the pharmacy, the post office and I don't know how many other services had been closed in his village.

All faults of Thatcher's changes, he added.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-16 8:49 AM

Waste of breath Barry

Barry speaking for the dead ... Its the only time he cant be proved wrong ... Bless

mtravel - 2020-12-16 4:13 PM

Even though I didn't like her, as a foreigner, I can't comment on Mrs. Thatcher and her job as prime minister.

But I remember a very dear friend of mine who lived in a small town just north of Luton.

He told me that, although he hated big cities, he was thinking of returning to London.

I asked him why.

He told me that the pharmacy, the post office and I don't know how many other services had been closed in his village.

All faults of Thatcher's changes, he added.

That means he lived not so far from me.

We have had many local services closed in the villages, not sure that any could be attributed to Maggie, for instance, there where many post offices closed in villages, these was all to do with the privatisation of Post Office under the last Labour government.

Archived