Swift Bolero

doonhamer

Hi Doonhammer and welcome to the forums.

As it happens I fitted a cruise control system to a Bolero today. I can't comment on the use of the living features obviously but I can perhaps tell you a bit about the driving of this 'van.

The New Ducato is an absolute delight on the road, perfectly balanced steering, responsive, torquey engine (2.3 litre 130BHP), smooth and light gearchange. On top of all that they have finally centred the pedals to the seat and steering wheel so you no longer have to sit twisted to drive it!

The interior looked very nice but it was quite noisy on the road. Several rattles from the habitation area, and a lot of road noise from the habitation door area. The factory fitted reversing camera setup didn't impress me I'm afraid. The screen will not twist to face the driver which results in a poor view but the picture was of poor quality and Swift seem to have fallen into the same trap as Auto Trail by fitting the camera into a small pod with a "window" for the cam to see out of that is smaller than the camera's field of vision. This results in a masked view on the monitor.

Hope this is of some help to you.

D.

Thank you for the early heads-up Dave.  I'm picking up our brand new Bessacarr FB version (E560) in 8 hours time so will be able to confirm those points and see how our model compares.

It will be a 78 mile 'ferry' trip to bring it home.  I have never driven a motor home before so have nothing to compare it with.  Although, I do anticipate a much better driving experience than the last time we were campers which involved a beefy 4 x 4 and twin-axle caravan.

Must get back to bed and try and get some sleep . . . . it feels like Christmas Eve . . . . hang on, what's that noise . . . . I can hear bells . . . . .

Archived