Not much better in the House of Commons

StuartO

I have been listening to part of the debate in the HoC about the Brexit Deal and although they stop short of calling each other Haters and Liars, the speeches seem to be nothing better than rehearsals of the fixed ideas of the various factions than we get on Chatterbox.

At least the ERG don't seem to be rebelling this time, since they've got more or less what they wanted. But the Liberals are simply re-stating their objection to leaving the EU at all - and trotting out what they see as the list of negative impacts, hence voting against the deal, as I suppose did the SNP although they's done their bit by the time I switched on. And of course the Labour rebels who intend toignore their Leader's instructions to support the Deal because they think it's "too thin" (whatever that means) and, as they assure us, they could have got a better one.

Having heard nothing but the rehearsal of old ideas I decided to stop watching after half an hour or so.

StuartO - 2020-12-30 12:21 PM

Having heard nothing but the rehearsal of old ideas I decided to stop watching after half an hour or so.

Not surprising really. Nothing has been said on either side that has changed anyones' opinion presumably.

Worst thing is that there is so much more negotiating to do over the coming months ( or years ) that I see no end to the current divisions.

:-(

trotting out what they see as the list of negative impacts,

Didn't notice you objecting when BoJo was calling it a wonderful deal Stuart *-)

Were they to leave that unchallenged?

They have to be mindful of the fact that every time they have to point out its failings in future BoJo's cronies will just shout them down with 'you voted for it' So they have to register their objections.To make it clear they are only voting for Theresa May's/BoJo's deal because no deal would be even worse. What else could they do?

I saw Keir Starmer pointing out the deals failings, and BoJo's broken promises.

BoJo slouched on the bench, hands in pockets, with a response like pelmet - ignore the question...change the subject..personal attack..remoaner loser etc

But then Theresa May got up and laid into them both

Setting out in detail why her deal was better, the best bits of BoJo's deal he is taking the credit for were negotiated by her, and they both voted against it :-S

She doesn't seem too bad now we've got BoJo :-S

Nobody said why this deal was better than being a member. Other than a vague claim of taking back sovereignty. But when you ask they what they wanted to do that the EU has stopped them doing they won't say

Barryd999 - 2020-12-30 12:46 PM

It pleases nobody despite what the ERG might "Claim".

Oh I dunno

It will please the £billionaire 'newspaper' owners supporting BoJo that the EU can't get into Her Majesty's tax havens and make them pay tax.

And it will please BoJo that he is no longer accountable to them. Instead of the EU dishing out grants he will have free rein to do it himself like he has with PPE contracts >:-)

Guest pelmetman

I have been listening to part of the debate in the HoC about the Brexit Deal and although they stop short of calling each other Haters and Liars, the speeches seem to be nothing better than rehearsals of the fixed ideas of the various factions than we get on Chatterbox.

At least the ERG don't seem to be rebelling this time, since they've got more or less what they wanted. But the Liberals are simply re-stating their objection to leaving the EU at all - and trotting out what they see as the list of negative impacts, hence voting against the deal, as I suppose did the SNP although they's done their bit by the time I switched on. And of course the Labour rebels who intend toignore their Leader's instructions to support the Deal because they think it's "too thin" (whatever that means) and, as they assure us, they could have got a better one.

Look on the brightside Doc ;-) ..........

At least its been a bloodless civil war B-) .......

Apart from the odd nutter of course :-| .......

Which is why no deal would have been better.

The division, debate, negotiations, arguments over sovereignty etc etc will just go on and on.

Dunno what difference you think " no deal " would have made.

This division and the arguments, will go on for years, regardless of any kind of deal, OR no deal.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-12-30 4:28 PM

The division, debate, negotiations, arguments over sovereignty etc etc will just go on and on.

This division and the arguments, will go on for years, regardless of any kind of deal, OR no deal.

I dont doubt they'll be some backroom LOSER bitching going on for years ;-) ..........

Us VICTORS are moving on :D .........

I have my Sunlit uplands to enjoy B-) ............

Here and in Spain :-D ........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-12-30 4:48 PM

Sir Ivan Rogers advised PM May that it would take 10 years to disengage from the EU.

Where as shagger Boris has managed it in months B-) .........

He told them "I will still respect you afterwards" >:-) ......

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

I watched a bit of it, Kier Starmer made some good points, he 'gave way' to Boris to allow him to explain a lie, of cause Boris couldn't and instead went off on a tangent as we have come to expect of him. He also challenged the SNP and others who intended to vote against, and asked them if they truly believed 'no deal' would be better, as he said "you are voting against hoping others carry the motion"

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2020-12-30 5:16 PM

I watched a bit of it, Kier Starmer made some good points, he 'gave way' to Boris to allow him to explain a lie, of cause Boris couldn't and instead went off on a tangent as we have come to expect of him. He also challenged the SNP and others who intended to vote against, and asked them if they truly believed 'no deal' would be better, as he said "you are voting against hoping others carry the motion"

That's rich 8-) ........

A Labour Lawyer Leader asking someone to explain a lie >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-12-30 4:55 PM

Sir Ivan Rogers advised PM May that it would take 10 years to disengage from the EU.

Not quite true is it though . We are still very much linked to them if you look at the deal.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-12-30 5:44 PM

Not quite true is it though . We are still very much linked to them if you look at the deal.

One has to speak to their neighbours on occaision ;-) ........

BUT.....We no longer have to put up with our neighbours sponging off us......or following their house rules nor allowing the dumping their trash on our lawn B-) .......

Because it would have given the Brexiteers the chance to show us the real sunlit uplands without being tied to the EU and more importantly without being able to blame the Eu (which they will still do of course now) for holding us back. This deal still ties us to the Eu for what appears to be very little gain. Its such a crap deal that its hardly worth having. Its only been done at the 11th hour to avoid some of the immediate chaos.

They will simply argue now when no sunlit uplands arrive that its because we are still having to follow EU rules blah blah blah. Better to rip the bandaid right off and expose Brexit for what it was than disguise it in the death of a thousand cuts deal that pleases nobody and certainly is not in our favour.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-12-30 6:31 PM

Because it would have given the Brexiteers the chance to show us the real sunlit uplands without being tied to the EU and more importantly without being able to blame the Eu (which they will still do of course now) for holding us back. This deal still ties us to the Eu for what appears to be very little gain. Its such a crap deal that its hardly worth having. Its only been done at the 11th hour to avoid some of the immediate chaos.

They will simply argue now when no sunlit uplands arrive that its because we are still having to follow EU rules blah blah blah. Better to rip the bandaid right off and expose Brexit for what it was than disguise it in the death of a thousand cuts deal that pleases nobody and certainly is not in our favour.

Yeah like you can predict the future >:-) .......

How many times did you LOSERS tell us there will be another referendum......Remoaners will win the Election.............The EU wont give us a Deal....... No Deal was Dead..........Boris wont get a Deal (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

P1010899.JPG.f9d18a0131d82238471258ccc9b78b45.JPG

Don't shatter his sunlit upland dreams.....he has to carry on living in cloud cuckoo!! As for expecting him to read any of the deal, there's no pictures or word bubbles so he wouldn't cope.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-12-30 6:52 PM

Don't shatter his sunlit upland dreams.....he has to carry on living in cloud cuckoo!! As for expecting him to read any of the deal, there's no pictures or word bubbles so he wouldn't cope.

I suspect my sunlit uplands will be a lot nicer than yours ;-) ........

Prolly coz I have a life :D ........

pelmetman - 2020-12-30 5:52 PM

BUT.....We no longer have to put up with our neighbours sponging off us......or following their house rules nor allowing the dumping their trash on our lawn B-) .......

Does this mean you won't be paying the £40 billion divorce bill *-)

Or the EU won't continue dumping their 30,000 tons of sh!te on 'your lawn' (lol)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/sep/02/sewage-sludge-containing-human-waste-uk

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-12-30 7:16 PM

pelmetman - 2020-12-30 5:52 PM

Does this mean you won't be paying the £40 billion divorce bill *-)

Or the EU won't continue dumping their 30,000 tons of sh!te on 'your lawn' (lol)

We have a divorce deal ;-) .......

So they will get to keep the CD collection :D ......

But we will bill them for dumping their sh1t >:-) ........

Something you should pay for if you had any morals *-) ........

His Brexit sunlit uplands dream is already shattered. He is just pretending to be happy with it as a self preservation thing. Virtually nobody is happy with this deal and for good reason. The Pelmet no dealers of this world most of all are livid about it. He's not fooling anyone. Well maybe himself.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-30 10:51 PM

His Brexit sunlit uplands dream is already shattered. He is just pretending to be happy with it as a self preservation thing. Virtually nobody is happy with this deal and for good reason. The Pelmet no dealers of this world most of all are livid about it. He's not fooling anyone. Well maybe himself.

Could be though he's trying damned hard to be upbeat. If Johnson had come back waving a dog turd about shouting "i've got a great deal of this", Pinocchio would have swooned cooing, "he's delivered". :-|

Still, after his flounce he's only got tomorrow before he runs off to find a fridge to hide in. Forum flouncers are always good for a laugh, so overbloated with self importance they think they'll be missed so announce their flounce in the hope everyone will flock begging them to stay!! The last flouncer was that Freaky Frank nutter.

Bulletguy - 2020-12-30 11:10 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-12-30 10:51 PM

Could be though he's trying damned hard to be upbeat. If Johnson had come back waving a dog turd about shouting "i've got a great deal of this", Pinocchio would have swooned cooing, "he's delivered". :-|

Still, after his flounce he's only got tomorrow before he runs off to find a fridge to hide in. Forum flouncers are always good for a laugh, so overbloated with self importance they think they'll be missed so announce their flounce in the hope everyone will flock begging them to stay!! The last flouncer was that Freaky Frank nutter.

Seems Dave, that "far right rabid fruit loop" is that important in your life you reply to every post he puts up on here ... Once hes gone you'll be able to spend more time with your family wont ya ... Well the paperboy or someone maybe ... Barry maybe

Archived