Starmer shoots, hits the Bullseye!

Barryd999

John52 - 2021-01-10 11:26 PM

teflon2 - 2021-01-10 7:14 PM

we rushed the certification of some antivirus agents they are only just coming to the same results our virologists with government aid came to earlier,

Did it occur to you they might be testing it out on us first?

Why is it then that all the slower testers are now coming to the same conclusion and have certified the same antivirus vaccinations. Perhaps we were right and better than the rest.

teflon2 - 2021-01-11 6:48 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-10 7:34 PM

teflon2 - 2021-01-10 7:14 PM

that we created a massive medical unit in 7 days

Care to explain why none of those massive medical units or Nightingale Hospitals to give them their correct PR name, built at a cost of £220 million has yet to be used?

I'll help you out, at the start of this disaster the NHS had a shortage of 40,000 nurses and 11,000 doctors, reflecting the way in which it has been run by this Tory government for the last ten years. For the Xcel hospital in Docklands to operate at full capacity 24/7 it would need 16,000 staff. Although the Tories can play magic numbers they cannot actually magic real doctors and nurses.

Ask yourself why we are world beating in the number of Covid deaths per capita?

I do not know where you get your information but according to Statista our position while not good is 7th in the world and by the same organisation 4th in Europe. When you consider that we have the 2nd highest population density in Europe and how contagious this latest virus mutation is also the amount of stupidity shown by younger generations they need to pay attention to the rules. It could be even worse

As to the Xcel hospital it's a precaution against the normal hospitals becoming overwhelmed as to staffing I have no doubt that the armed forces medical units who have battlefield experience and are well trained will be called in and no doubt they will find the peaceful and well laid out facilities a sinecure

It was from Statistica, I expect that after our usual weekend lag we will be top of the charts again by Thursday, UK deaths have fallen from 1,300 to 529 tonight- yes of course they have? The second column on the Statisca site with "deaths in the last seven days" is sobering.

And you know that DMS is staffed by around 12,100 service personnel (8,100 regular and 4000 reserve) and those 4,000 reserve already work in the NHS.

The normal hospitals are already overwhelmed, there are no staff for the Nightingales.

https://www.ft.com/content/03e1f549-0424-437e-a492-8b9a07b6d735

Archived