Back with new van!

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Got back last night from Belgium with the new camper - my daughter has christened it “the Beast” I think the name will stick!

The new Ford is a revelation. Smooth and quiet, mind you it’s empty at the moment. But still well impressed

The flight from Docklands city airport was an experience – they use prop aircraft because of noise restrictions and I can tell you take of and landing are an experience! Hanging on to arm rests when we came into Brussels!

Spent the night at Brugge on the way back and dimmer on a boat it was very nice.

The dealer put me on his insurance and trade plates which I have posted back to him this afternoon. Just have to go and get it registered tomorrow. And all being well of to Normandy/Brittany for a week’s trial run over Easter.

Thanks again all for the advice!

196926619_VAN2.jpg.9c18f5cfd8d120c27328f7b443a0d6d8.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2007-03-31 1:04 AM

Vans ugly (lol) love the CHOCKS .......send me to the gallows. :D

Compared to the Fiat/peugot ? - now that's ugly! ;-)

Anyway, you wouldn't understand your a girlie & its a boys thing :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Terrytraveller - 2007-03-31 7:49 PM

Eddie,

And another thing Eddie - why am I turning green? :D

Regards Terry

Terry There is absolutely no need! Just push the wifey out of the way, and reach deep into that old mattress and pull out bundles of the old £20's you have stashed away - they will be worthless soon anyway.... :->

give me a call and I will set you up :-D

JudgeMental - 2007-03-31 10:34 PM

Terrytraveller - 2007-03-31 7:49 PM

Eddie,

And another thing Eddie - why am I turning green? :D

Regards Terry

Terry There is absolutely no need! Just push the wifey out of the way, and reach deep into that old mattress and pull out bundles of the old £20's you have stashed away - they will be worthless soon anyway.... :->

give me a call and I will set you up :-D

Set him up with what ... a new van or a new wife! 8-)

My Dear Eddie & Mel,

I have a sentimental attachment to both my money and my wife for well over 45 years now, to part with either or both, in part or in whole, would be more than I could bear – Would it not be both cold and uncomfortable with a reduction in status of either, especially in the dark hours ?

But thank you both for your kind thoughts in this my dilemma – Regards Terry

Terrytraveller - 2007-04-01 9:31 PM My Dear Eddie & Mel, I have a sentimental attachment to both my money and my wife for well over 45 years now, to part with either or both, in part or in whole, would be more than I could bear – Would it not be both cold and uncomfortable with a reduction in status of either, especially in the dark hours ? But thank you both for your kind thoughts in this my dilemma – Regards Terry

I was all right up to the penultimate bit, Terry.  Now I'm really confused.  Are you saying you take your money to bed with you, or is your wife your bank manager?

Guest starspirit

Set him up with what ... a new van or a new wife! 8-)

I've tried both Mel and they both have advantages and disadvantages.

The trick is to find one of each that you can live with in the most cost effective way and it must be said that it ain't easy!

Archived