Government tells UK businesses to move to the EU!!

Barryd999

You really couldnt make it up! Just three weeks into the Sunlit Uplands and as the stories now pile up of chaos, UK businesses struggling to deal with the delays and mountains of red tape and what seems like an outdated computer system that is not fit for purpose the official advice from the Government is to relocate to the EU!! I s**t you not!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/brexit-hit-firms-advised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Bulletguy - 2021-01-23 10:03 PM

"Moss said it was now clear that Brexit was not about winning back control from the EU but investing in it to survive."

Welcome to Project Reality......just a pity it's taken leaving the EU to wake some of them up to realise the lunacy of Brexit.

Well Johnson did once say "Fcuk Business!". So maybe they really dont give a toss. They dont really give a toss about Automotive, traders who deal with the EU or even fishermen. All dispensable. For what though? A Singapore on Thames tax haven and a gig economy for the plebs?

One things for sure they will make certain their pals are alright, that much is clear. Most of them have made a fortune out of the Covid crisis.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-23 11:22 PM

Well Johnson did once say "Fcuk Business!". So maybe they really dont give a toss. .

Well the Irish PM summed BoJo up when he said Boris Johnson would set the country on fire if his hands were cold.

No wonder pelmet has scarpered and left the pooper scoopers to clear up his mess, j

just like his hero 'Boris'

Barryd999 - 2021-01-23 9:41 PM

You really couldnt make it up! Just three weeks into the Sunlit Uplands and as the stories now pile up of chaos, UK businesses struggling to deal with the delays and mountains of red tape and what seems like an outdated computer system that is not fit for purpose the official advice from the Government is to relocate to the EU!! I s**t you not!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/brexit-hit-firms-advised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Advised to set up an office there because these are not just 'teething problems' as Gove claims.

But why would they keep the other half of their business in UK when they see how much easier it is to operate from the EU. How long before they ship the rest over there

Crucially businesses need stability so they can see into the future enough to plan ahead - invest, train people etc etc

Which is the polar opposite of what they are getting from BoJo.

He'll just blame it all on covid, of course.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-24 12:25 AM

And now some fenian bastard wants Doris to rejoin the EU

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1387088/Brexit-news-joe-biden-US-President-UK-US-trade-deal-boris-johnson-european-union

The comments are gold, like Pelmethead on speed, but then it is his bible - old testament mind.

"fenian bastard" ... "Pelmethead on speed" ... The self appointed CCCC Chatterbox Cancel Culture Crew obviously don't mind the words so much, it depends more on who says em??? ... Chuckle ... Hypocrisy lives

Birdbrain - 2021-01-24 9:49 AM

"fenian bastard" ... "Pelmethead on speed" ... The self appointed CCCC Chatterbox Cancel Culture Crew obviously don't mind the words so much, it depends more on who says em??? ... Chuckle ... Hypocrisy lives

Tell us about someone who has used terms like bitch, cow, and dementia.

Whats important about this latest revelation in the sh1tshow of Brexit is where the advice to move to EU is coming from, our very own DIT, a government department. Industries and many businesses have already been lost. Someone posted on another forum about "pure economic loss in English law" and posed the question over whether Johnson could be charged with that. Nice thought!

Talking of industries has Fisherman's Fraud Farage said anything yet about the crisis in the industry? He was all over it and even held a seat on the EU fisheries commission that sat 42 times during his tenure though he only turned up once. Funny how those once so vocal have scurried off down their rat holes.

mtravel - 2021-01-24 1:04 PM

I used to love Give Us A Clue ... Is it a film???, no a book??? ... Give us another clue sweet cheeks

Remember this?

pelmetman - 2020-07-12 9:46 PM

Have you ever exported to a non EU country? ;-) .........

It's not exactly hard work is it? >:-) .......

Just another online form to fill in for the couriers :D .........

So, always listen to the expert. Going well, innit? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-24 5:31 PM

Remember this?

It's "experts" like that clown which brought this sh1tshow on the country. *-)

The Cheshire Cheese Company said it had been advised by an official to set up in the EU after it was forced to stop its exports to the bloc due to trade rules that came in on 1 January.

The firm, which sold £180,000 of cheese to the EU last year, found that every £25-30 gift box of cheese it sends to consumers on the Continent now needs a veterinary-approved health certificate costing £180.

"I spoke to someone at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs for advice. They told me setting up a fulfilment centre in the EU where we could pack the boxes was my only solution," co-founder Simon Spurrell told the BBC.

The firm has also scrapped plans to build a new £1m warehouse in Macclesfield employing 20-30 people.

"Instead we might end up employing French workers and paying tax to the EU," Mr Spurrell said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55786974

And another Bregretter.......the comments section sum it up. :-|

mtravel - 2021-01-24 4:37 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-24 5:11 PM

I used to love Give Us A Clue ... Is it a film???, no a book??? ... Give us another clue sweet cheeks

Clues?

Search Chatterbox.

See the thread titled " Vile SNP " on January 4th (page 4 ) - for clues.

;-)

malc d - 2021-01-24 8:43 PM

mtravel - 2021-01-24 4:37 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-24 5:11 PM

Clues?

Search Chatterbox.

See the thread titled " Vile SNP " on January 4th (page 4 ) - for clues.

;-)

Chuckle ... This one believes "vile cow" is much more worthy of the Chatterbox Cancel Culture Clubs attention than "fenian bastard" ??? ... Wow

Guest pelmetman

Remember this?

It is for those who don't have a LOSER axe to grind ;-) ........

I hear Nissan now think Brexit will be a Win Win B-)...........

Guest pelmetman

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1387088/Brexit-news-joe-biden-US-President-UK-US-trade-deal-boris-johnson-european-union

The comments are gold, like Pelmethead on speed, but then it is his bible - old testament mind.

I treat all lying Bastards the same ;-) .........

Which why I got you kicked off for LYING >:-) .........

Bulletguy - 2021-01-24 6:47 PM

Remember this?

It's "experts" like that clown which brought this sh1tshow on the country. *-)

The Cheshire Cheese Company said it had been advised by an official to set up in the EU after it was forced to stop its exports to the bloc due to trade rules that came in on 1 January.

The firm, which sold £180,000 of cheese to the EU last year, found that every £25-30 gift box of cheese it sends to consumers on the Continent now needs a veterinary-approved health certificate costing £180.

"I spoke to someone at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs for advice. They told me setting up a fulfilment centre in the EU where we could pack the boxes was my only solution," co-founder Simon Spurrell told the BBC.

The firm has also scrapped plans to build a new £1m warehouse in Macclesfield employing 20-30 people.

"Instead we might end up employing French workers and paying tax to the EU," Mr Spurrell said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55786974

And another Bregretter.......the comments section sum it up. :-|

I have some sympathy for fisherman. (some). They were supposed to be a dead cert in the beneficiaries of Brexit and now they are facing ruin. The entire s**tshow is now starting to reveal itself as businesses realise just how much we have lost and the stories come flooding in.

Has anyone seen an upside to Brexit yet? Any sunlit uplands or Unicorns arrived for anyone yet? £350m for the Nhs?

pelmetman - 2021-01-25 9:05 AM

So apart from calling us losers, I note that you have failed to respond constructively with a single advantage of Brexit, so enlighten us all, what have you winners won?

mtravel - 2021-01-24 1:04 PM

Looks like he's admitted it's him ( at 6:15 ) this morning - but doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with such language.

Maybe it's in common use in the circles he moves in ?

;-)

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-25 10:05 AM

So apart from calling us losers, I note that you have failed to respond constructively with a single advantage of Brexit, so enlighten us all, what have you winners won?

The ability to roll out a vaccine in a Pandemic.........is a Win Win Win in my book B-) ......

How are your EU mates doing? 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-01-25 6:15 PM

The ability to roll out a vaccine in a Pandemic.........is a Win Win Win in my book B-) ......

Has dementia set in while you were twiddling your thumbs in the greenhouse? You forgot that that myth was busted long before you ran away?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-01-25 6:40 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-25 6:15 PM

Has dementia set in while you were twiddling your thumbs in the greenhouse? You forgot that that myth was busted long before you ran away?

Do der Maffs Barry........Have the EU 27 managed to vaccinate as many as little Ol Blighty? >:-) ........

Archived