elddis autoquest 400rl 05 reg

Saxphil

hi nwebie to motorhome forced retirement. part 1...Have bought the above and need to get my head around the knobs and whistles ..The water system got me bit confused..So if theres a hobby helper out there please message me for a chat..thankyou

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Phil.

This water-system article may be helpful

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/articles/practical-advice/motorhome-advice-motorhome-and-campervan-water-systems-explained

but as you are new to motorhomes and will need general background information, you might also like to lay your hands on the late-John Wickersham’s book “The Motorcaravan Manual” that you should be able to source secondhand on-line for under £10. (The 2004 issue should do.)

There’s a YouTube 400RL video here that might be useful

and if you do not have an Elddis Autoquest owner manual for your 2005 vehicle, you could try emailing Elddis (customer.care@erwinhymergroup.co.uk) and ask if they can provide you with a copy.

Where did you get your motorhome from? If it was from a motorhome dealership, it would be normal practice to have given you handover advice. But if you bought it privately the previous owner might well have been less helpful. (And, of course, COVID-19 impacts on everything...) It’s definitely a lot simpler if someone motorhome-literate could talk you through your Autoquest’s equipment on a face-to-face basis (or at least 2 metres apart) rather than attempt the same exercise remotely.

Having said that, a 2005 Autoquest should be technically straightforward. So if you say what’s confusing you about the water system, it’s likely that providing an answer won’t be that hard.

Archived