blackmore great malvern worcestershire

KD

Hi Dean- Blackmore is a great campsite, whichever club you use, and years ago it had its own pub and restuerant on site which was very handy. Sad to say it has closed down and the pub in Handley Swann , when I was there last also closed down. It was a nice 15min walk from the site, so as far as I am aware, the area is DRY, unless you get the van out and go into Upton on Severn. chas

We stayed on the CC site (there are two - CC and C&CC next to each other) last August and enjoyed it.

There is a bus service from just outside the gate to Worcester, Malvern, Upton etc. Other buses from Hanley Swan, 1 mile walk, will take you towards Cheltenham.

From April to October, at weekends, there is the Hills Hopper service (again from Hanley Swan) all round the Malvern Hills - see http://www.malvernhillsaonb.org.uk/pages/transport.asp

Graham

Yes,

We stayed on Blackmore camp. Its "reasonable". The people are very friendly. If you like dining out then its a bit far away from facilities, but very close to the Showground for the "Western" Show.

We had to camp there because the wife was born there when it was an army camp a few years back!.

From memory the nearest pub was 2 to 3 miles away. Post office in village about half a mile away. Nearest good walks are up on the Malvern Hills.

If you have some bikes then it will be OK.

Its quite popluar so suggest you phone first.

C.

We have stayed on the CC site quite a number of times over the years. Our very first stay was in a trailer tent, which during the course of the holiday we then swopped in for a caravan at Castle Caravans, which used to be just down the road (now moved)

Really great area for sightseeing, whether you happen to be on a bike, shank's pony or even in the motorhome.

Lots of interesting places very close and quite a lot for the kids if they are into things like history and places of discovery.

Although the pub at Hanley Swan (20 minute walk away) was being rebuilt last time we were there (might be finished by now) there are quite a few in the close vicinity, I can think of at least 3 within a 30 minute walk.

Really far too many local attractions to list and it really depends upon what type of thing you are into.

One place you must visit is the map shop in Upton, never seen so many maps in all my life.

The site itself is up to the usual high standard of CC sites, but does get very busy. Lots of hardstandings if the weather is a bit wet.

If you need any more info then I'm more than happy to oblige.

Happy Motorhoming

(lol)

We store our MH there. It is always busy and there is now a new kids play area. Nearly all hard standing otherwise typical CC site.

Now has new wardens.

While you are there go to Broadway and Evesham. You can park you MH down by the river at Evesham on the RHS of the bridge by the public loos. Malvern is a bit difficult for parking. Narrow

Archived