Another slow start.

jumpstart

They knew about the new strain 50 days ago!!! So not a month, nearly two months

It gets worse though. Here he is suggesting that we should let new strains into the UK because we are world beating at detecting and analysing it! 8-) There is no hope. Well there is, a load of vaccines but no thanks to the Conservakippers.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-05 3:32 PM

It gets worse though. Here he is suggesting that we should let new strains into the UK because we are world beating at detecting and analysing it! 8-) There is no hope. Well there is, a load of vaccines but no thanks to the Conservakippers.

Seeing as we are in Lockdown ;-) ...........

What's the rush? :-S ........

Seems to me that Boris's roll out of the vaccines before he opens up Lockdown will prevent any surge B-) .........

I note you still cant bring yourself to accept that our successful vaccine roll out is down to Boris :D .........

Time to wake up and smell the coffee Fatty........Even Vonderburg says Brexit helped us (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9227551/Ursula-von-der-Leyen-accidentally-SUPPORTS-Brexit-apologising-EU-vaccine-shambles.html

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 5:20 PM

Seems to me that Boris's roll out of the vaccines before he opens up Lockdown will prevent any surge B-) .........

I note you still cant bring yourself to accept that our successful vaccine roll out is down to Boris :D .........

Time to wake up and smell the coffee Fatty........Even Vonderburg says Brexit helped us (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9227551/Ursula-von-der-Leyen-accidentally-SUPPORTS-Brexit-apologising-EU-vaccine-shambles.html

Idiot. Prevention is always better than the cure and every single time they have done too little too late. Vaccine or not we have the worst death rate in the world and over 112000 dead thanks to Johnsons and the Tories incompetence and you have the audacity to tell me to wake up and smell the coffee. You are beyond help.

Barryd999 - 2021-02-05 5:28 PM

Idiot. Prevention is always better than the cure and every single time they have done too little too late. Vaccine or not we have the worst death rate in the world and over 112000 dead thanks to Johnsons and the Tories incompetence and you have the audacity to tell me to wake up and smell the coffee. You are beyond help.

Can’t let you get away with that.

Its USA ,Brazil,Mexico ,India then the UK.

But quite why we cant just get on with closing boarders ....god knows.

Its probably because of all the comings and goings of all the influencers. Very important job that.

jumpstart - 2021-02-05 6:06 PM

Its probably because of all the comings and goings of all the influencers. Very important job that.

Total deaths per million we are still third, behind Belgium and Slovenia

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

As pointed out above, its death rate that we are / were top in the world. of course countries with lager populations may well have more deaths in total.

End of Jan we were number 1. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/uk-covid-death-rate-coronavirus-b1788817.html

Its not just borders, its everything. Always always too slow to react. Its almost like its deliberate. Perhaps it is.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-05 6:33 PM

Its not just borders, its everything. Always always too slow to react. Its almost like its deliberate. Perhaps it is.

Everything? :-S ................

Are we behind the EU vaccine rollout? >:-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

Guest pelmetman

In my view this is another pathetic example of the Boris bashers trying to weaponize the Pandemic *-) ...........

As I understand it there are about 20,000 people a day still coming into the country from abroad, which also includes truck drivers :-| ..........

I wonder how many are actually flying in per day?............Prolly not that many ;-) ..........

jumpstart - 2021-02-05 8:53 AM

Metro.co.uk: Hotel quarantine was delayed because Government ‘needed time to prepare’.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/05/hotel-quarantine-james-cleverly-says-ministers-need-time-to-prepare-14027196/

But not so cleverly done.

I'm happy to accept that it would take time to get the facilities for compulsory quarantine negotiated and in place. So, why not do that, and then make the announcement once it is all set up and ready to go? What they have now created is a world-wide challenge for anyone wanting to visit the UK to get here before 15 Feb! Do they never learn to get things in place before they announce them? It isn't as though this is the first time. They are beyond help.

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-06 3:08 PM

Metro.co.uk: Hotel quarantine was delayed because Government ‘needed time to prepare’.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/05/hotel-quarantine-james-cleverly-says-ministers-need-time-to-prepare-14027196/

I'm happy to accept that it would take time to get the facilities for compulsory quarantine negotiated and in place. So, why not do that, and then make the announcement once it is all set up and ready to go? What they have now created is a world-wide challenge for anyone wanting to visit the UK to get here before 15 Feb! Do they never learn to get things in place before they announce them? It isn't as though this is the first time. They are beyond help.

Im completely baffled as to most things they announce. Eg...pubs will soon open but not selling alcohol.

What the hell do they think pubs are basically for?

pelmetman - 2021-02-06 9:30 AM

In my view this is another pathetic example of the Boris bashers trying to weaponize the Pandemic *-) ...........

Your obsequious fawning over Johnson has blinded you of all reality. You are hopelessly gone.

As I understand it there are about 20,000 people a day still coming into the country from abroad, which also includes truck drivers :-| ..........

Truck drivers are Covid tested.

I wonder how many are actually flying in per day?............Prolly not that many ;-) ..........

There was practically a mutiny the other day at Heathrow. Your Daily Bumwipe reported it.

https://tinyurl.com/4s5jfwjg

jumpstart - 2021-02-06 4:32 PM

Im completely baffled as to most things they announce. Eg...pubs will soon open but not selling alcohol.

I suppose it depends on the area but in UK it's commonly a place where youth go to get drunk. Other than that they're great places to spread Covid.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-06 5:00 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-06 4:32 PM

I suppose it depends on the area but in UK it's commonly a place where youth go to get drunk. Other than that they're great places to spread Covid.

So why open them then? What are they going to sell?

.....just popping down the pub for a quick sandwich, dear.......

pelmetman - 2021-02-06 9:21 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-02-05 6:33 PM

Everything? :-S ................

Are we behind the EU vaccine rollout? >:-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

LOL! The one thing thats not been farmed out to some private spiv Tory pals and its a success! Go figure.

We may well end up behind though as you are not vaccinated until you have both jabs. Johnsons decision to meddle with the procedure against the advice of the vaccine producers may see us start to lag behind in terms of actual "Vaccinated" people. Lets also hope that it actually does work.

Barryd999 - 2021-02-07 12:26 PM

We may well end up behind though as you are not vaccinated until you have both jabs. Johnsons decision to meddle with the procedure against the advice of the vaccine producers may see us start to lag behind in terms of actual "Vaccinated" people.

Lets also hope that it actually does work.

We haven't heard much about that government experiment on the elderly and vulnerable lately.

Hopefully that is a good sign.

( But would Boris tell us if it had gone wrong ? )

:-(

malc d - 2021-02-07 12:35 PM

We may well end up behind though as you are not vaccinated until you have both jabs. Johnsons decision to meddle with the procedure against the advice of the vaccine producers may see us start to lag behind in terms of actual "Vaccinated" people.

We haven't heard much about that government experiment on the elderly and vulnerable lately.

Too early to say but on the news today they were reporting that the vaccines Version 1.0 does not work so well on the new strains but they will develop v1.1 that will. By that rational you might be better waiting. However its going to keep on mutating. I Cant see how you can keep up with it especially if you are rolling it out to everyone bar the kids.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-07 3:09 PM

Too early to say but on the news today they were reporting that the vaccines Version 1.0 does not work so well on the new strains but they will develop v1.1 that will. By that rational you might be better waiting. However its going to keep on mutating. I Cant see how you can keep up with it especially if you are rolling it out to everyone bar the kids.

Actually the report from SA says it has minimal affect on stopping it spreading, it still stopped folk from ending up in hospital ;-) ...........

The Flu jab doesn't stop you from catching Flu......its stops you from ending up in hospital :-| ........

Barryd999 - 2021-02-07 3:09 PM

So building up your immune system looks like your only option. Unless you want to become a hermit you won't avoid getting it sometime.

BTW have you been watching Fripp and Toyah. He really is the 21st century scitzoid man.

Archived