UK exports collapse after Brexit

Bulletguy

mikemelson - 2021-02-14 2:38 PM

As an aside: I did notice that one of the most fervent Brexiteers has buggered off to live in Singapore, his manufacturing business being already there.

I'm referring to James Dyson.

Indeed and don't forget his co conspirator Jim Radcliffe has moved to Monaco and the production of the Grenadier to France, the Land Rover replacement vehicle is now to be called the Legionnaire.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charles - 2021-02-14 1:37 PM

Most remainers know when to shut up and accept Brexit. Not on here... Jesus, get over it! it's happened, thank god we're out, that's the main thing, everything else can be sorted.

Fair enough. Off you go and get it sorted. When you've done that, come back and tell us, and we'll then decide if the result is an improvement over what we had pre-Brexit. How long do you want? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-02-14 3:01 PM

Most remainers know when to shut up and accept Brexit. Not on here... Jesus, get over it! it's happened, thank god we're out, that's the main thing, everything else can be sorted.

Fair enough. Off you go and get it sorted. When you've done that, come back and tell us, and we'll then decide if the result is an improvement over what we had pre-Brexit. How long do you want? :-D

We are ;-) .............

Doing a ruddy good job of it too judging by how Boris is managing to show the EU how to roll out a vaccination program B-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Winge

Winge

Winge

Winge

Etc

Etc

??

"Shut up and accept" is exactly how totalitarian regimes are run and if that's what you want you should go and live within one instead of subverting democracy to pursue your ideology as Brexit has already inflicted massive self harm on the country.

Also we are Rejoiners......not Remainers.

Charles - 2021-02-14 2:47 PM

Remember the good news regarding Nissan in Sunderland?

No you've probably forgotten already. They were supposed to be turkeys voting for christmas lol.

Anyway what did you all bicker about before Brexit? I'm sure you all argue because you love it :-D

Oh so you want us to celebrate because something hasn't changed? Without Brexit Nissan would be doing the same, if not more, than they are currently doing. It was the threat of a no deal brexit that put Nissan at risk.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-14 2:47 PM

mikemelson - 2021-02-14 2:38 PM

As an aside: I did notice that one of the most fervent Brexiteers has buggered off to live in Singapore, his manufacturing business being already there.

I'm referring to James Dyson.

Indeed and don't forget his co conspirator Jim Radcliffe has moved to Monaco and the production of the Grenadier to France, the Land Rover replacement vehicle is now to be called the Legionnaire.

After vowing to build it in Bridgend giving hope to workers who had already lost their jobs through Ford moving engine production back to Germany.

“We have looked long and hard at possible manufacturing locations for Grenadier across the world with lots of good options to choose from,” Ratcliffe said in September 2019. “The decision to build in the UK is a significant expression of confidence in British manufacturing, which has always been at the heart of what Ineos stands for.”

“We’d like to retain the Britishness and have a bit of passion about UK manufacturing,”

He knew how to twist the knife.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-14 3:10 PM

Winge

Winge

Winge

Winge

Etc

Etc

??

"Shut up and accept" is exactly how totalitarian regimes are run and if that's what you want you should go and live within one instead of subverting democracy to pursue your ideology as Brexit has already inflicted massive self harm on the country.

I thought “shut up and accept” wasEU policy , Cameron tried to get some sort of offering from Brussels before the referendum. Alas here we are.

More like Disjointed ....than Rejoiners.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-02-14 3:32 PM

Winge

Winge

Winge

Winge

Etc

Etc

??

I thought “shut up and accept” wasEU policy , Cameron tried to get some sort of offering from Brussels before the referendum. Alas here we are.

PMSL!.........."Rejoiners".....FFS! (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Fortunately neither I nor them will be alive to see that ever happen >:-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

jumpstart - 2021-02-14 3:32 PM

Winge

Winge

Winge

Winge

Etc

Etc

??

No it wasn't, in fact UK was involved in many EU decisions and heavily involved in writing EU laws.

jumpstart - 2021-02-18 11:09 AM

“The Express” ! I’m surprised at you.

"No thy enemy" - Sun Tzu in the Art of War.

I even get nice emails of Mr Tice and Farage, telling me their latest plans to fleece the Pelmets of this world with their new "party / LLC".

jumpstart - 2021-02-18 11:09 AM

“The Express” ! I’m surprised at you.

What seems to have been lost on you is even the Express can't cover it up any longer

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-14 3:01 PM

Nice One (lol)

I cannot think why they are refusing to publish this?

They are normally so keen to shout out about new trade deals like as to how much cheese we can now sell to the lactose intolerant Japanese.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-17/u-k-holds-back-trade-scrutiny-plan-after-johnson-struck-eu-deal?sref=yMmXm5Iy&fbclid=IwAR2vJyG9LGc5Dw1dYn7kqGRx7b7Rl3NJpbwZIqBMSj92qoCm4kMSsst7uSk

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-18 12:06 PM

They are normally so keen to shout out about new trade deals like as to how much cheese we can now sell to the lactose intolerant Japanese.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-17/u-k-holds-back-trade-scrutiny-plan-after-johnson-struck-eu-deal?sref=yMmXm5Iy&fbclid=IwAR2vJyG9LGc5Dw1dYn7kqGRx7b7Rl3NJpbwZIqBMSj92qoCm4kMSsst7uSk

Even more sinister that they are able to keep it secret >:-)

Its our report that we have paid for.

Why can't we see it

I suppose Dominic Cummings having public fired and marched out of the building by armed guards for telling us whats going on has paid off >:-)

Lactose intolerance doesn't mean you can't eat cheese , just not a lot.

jumpstart - 2021-02-18 2:14 PM

So we are agreed, tariff free cheese exports to Japan might not be the massive market Liz Truss was suggesting it was ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/cheshire-cheesemaker-says-business-left-with-250000-brexit-hole?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-18 2:24 PM

So we are agreed, tariff free cheese exports to Japan might not be the massive market Liz Truss was suggesting it was ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/cheshire-cheesemaker-says-business-left-with-250000-brexit-hole?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

It’s a start,maybe they’ll become more tolerant.

jumpstart - 2021-02-18 3:32 PM

Yes but it isn't going to replace the massive market of 450,000,000 people on our doorstep who are not lactose intolerant.

And that extra 5,500 miles of refrigerated transport isn't very good for the environment.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-18 3:37 PM

Yes but it isn't going to replace the massive market of 450,000,000 people on our doorstep who are not lactose intolerant.

And that extra 5,500 miles of refrigerated transport isn't very good for the environment.

Yeah.....I'm gonna miss those EU supermarkets stacked to the gunnel's with British cheese (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Keep it up LOSERS :D ........

I like a good laugh >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-02-18 4:05 PM

Yeah.....I'm gonna miss those EU supermarkets stacked to the gunnel's with British cheese (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Keep it up LOSERS :D ........

I like a good laugh >:-) ........

Are the LOSERS that you are suggesting should "keep it up", the twenty people that will no longer have a job in Macclesfield?

The ones mentioned in the above link " To save his business he will now have to switch a £1m investment he was planning to make in a new distribution centre in Macclesfield to the EU, with the loss of 20 jobs and tax revenue to the UK."

There’s a whole world of markets out there....we get refrigerated lamb from New Zealand...

There might be a clue here.....the countries with cheese diets have had greater number of deaths from covid than those lactose intolerant nations, so if you are genetically disposed to this type of diet maybe it’s the greater amounts of raw vegetables they eat gives then a better immune system.

Archived