Too wide!!

massey

I have a 1989 Ford Transit Glendale. Great motorhome, very reliable and comfortable. I have just moved house and unfortunately it is too wide to fit into my drive. Its approx 7ft 7inches wide, about an inch or two, too wide on either side. Was wondering if anybody would consider a swap for a narrower model of the same value?? Its worth around £7500. Lots of extras, inc. Air Ride suspension, tow bar, bike rack, awning.etc. 2500 diesel. Tel 07901 520597 for details or leave a message on here. Thanks fellow campers.......

Guest starspirit

This is a discussion forum, not an advertising site and most readers on here will either simply ignore you or take offence and complain.

Me? I don't much care but you might as well know that you are in the wrong place first as last.

Unfortunately I very much doubt if you'll end up getting a swap for something that you'd really want so I'd suggest getting it advertised for sale pretty sharpish as people are now starting to think about holidays etc so would be a good time to sell it and then have a good look round for something that suits you rather than just fits in the gap at home. Good luck.

Guest starspirit

Glendale were not a bad van in their day and if you have a 'good 'un' that does not leak around the edges and windows it should sell readily, although unless you are very very lucky a swap might be harder to come by.

Good luck and if you need a view on a potential swap ask on here for various expert opinions.

X = unknown, or ex = has been + spurt = drip under pressure.

Hi Massey- Is the 7ft 7inch o/a width including the wing mirrors? If so they could be modified to fold in surely. The reason for my asking is I owned a Bedford Advantura a few years ago, and that was built on very similar lines and style to the glendale, and mine was aprox 6ft6inch wide exluding mirrors. Perhaps check sizes again, I dont dought your drive width, but do wonder on the coachbuilt body width. I do of course stand ready to be corrected. Best of luck. chas

Hi,

then there is the matter of Councils deciding to restrict vehicle width to 6'6". I only know of Upton-upon-Severn, but believe there are others, and rising.

I've looked at a couple of 4x4 brochures recently which only give width including the mirrors.

Endorsable....failure to comply with a traffic sign, or something like that.

Thanks to everybodys comments. I cant widen the drive because it goes between my house and my neighbours. Its a shared drive. My van is 7ft 7inches across the back, not including the mirrors, which fold in. The base is a Ford Transit single rear wheel chassis cab, and the living area is wide. I dont really want to sell, because it suits our needs. But I am parking on the road at the mo. And I dont want to store it away from house. So it is the lesser of two evils. :-( :'(

Archived