Arm rests

tezza

I have just fitted a swivel plate to the passenger seat of my 2006 Ace Napoli and would now like to add another arm rest to it to make a captains chair, is this possible, does the seat come with a built in provision for one or would I need to drill holes, add supports, etc. then, most importantly, assuming all arm rests are different, where is the best place to find an arm rest that matches the original one apart from a Fiat supplier?

Thanks

Tezza

Guest starspirit

Many people (me included) dislike arm rests because they are always in the wrong place and I prefer to keep both hands on the wheel plus they also make the gangway narrower and make the seats harder to swivel.

But each to his own and I know others love them and the only reason I mention it is that a dealer might have removed them for a customer who don't like 'em and a pair just might be kicking around in a workshop some where collecting dust.

If you live near a dealer or two why not discreetly go in the workshops and enquire? Nothing to lose?

Funny how we are all different! I wouldn't be without them except in slow traffic when you need to keep reaching for the 'Gorilla' length arm handbrake position as then they get in the way so you just have to tip them up out the way.

Bas

starspirit - 2007-04-01 10:21 PM

Many people (me included) dislike arm rests because they are always in the wrong place and I prefer to keep both hands on the wheel plus they also make the gangway narrower and make the seats harder to swivel.

Richard - if they are in the wrong place for you, you need to consider the way you use your seat - make sure you're sitting on the seat properly and not facing backwards, bent over with your trousers round your ankles doing moonies! (lol) And if you can't fit through between the arm rests, then I believe Weight Watchers and the Body Builders Club do classes for the more elderly population. 8-) :->

Seriously, we do like our arm rests, on the Rapido we had 2 on each seat, on the Rimor we only have 1 each (inner side of the seats) as we're supposed to use the door 'arm rest' in place of the other but they're not quite right for that, however, I am appreciative that we have at least one each ... it stops the dogs bum falling off the side of the chair!

Guest starspirit
Can I suggest Mel that you are probably a different shape to me and I can see the advantage for those what likes them but, on balance, to us they are a pain in the arm.

Guest starspirit

Sorry Mel but I don't want to follow Frank.

A bit ironic really - R I P Frank - on a thread with the title it had.

I'm really very sorry to see him go as he had a lot to offer when he was in thinking mode.

Well if either of you get a Ford base I'll have the armrests please!!! :-D

Richard ... I think I ought to get Michele to send you some pills, you must be feeling poorly, I really can't be doing without you insulting me (in jest of course), it just doesn't feel right. Off to sulk now ...... :-(

Guest starspirit

Terry - See the now closed thread 'Sally Clark RIP' for full dummy dumping details.

I can see his point but, personally I think it was a bit harsh of the Moderator but as it's his party I guess he gets to say who comes and who don't?

Guest peter

I think Frank finally lost the plot. After all, the guy he said he was defending is a grown up chap and fully able to look after himself. It was an excuse for Frank to let fly in his inimatable style. I had nothing against him as he was sometimes quite funny in a sardonic sort of way. But on the other hand rarely if ever contributed anything very educational regarding M/H ownership.

I must say I was quite shocked that he could be so vitriolic. Not the conduct I would have expected of a sophisticated successful businessman,

Still sad to see him go though, I for one will miss him.

starspirit - 2007-04-03 7:44 PM

Any more provocation from you dear Lemonie and we will change your name to Francine.

Phew ... Richard, DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN ... you had me worried before, being so nice and all that!!!! :D

I've never been so happy to be insulted!!!!!! 8-) (lol)

Guest starspirit

Sorry Mel - I do work hard to satisfy you ladies but not being telepathic can make me feel psychopathic at times but never suicidal much to many peoples disdain.

It is most disarming when someone whose views I respect accuses me of being nice as I do try hard not to be nice to anyone on purpose and I promise to try not to do it again.

starspirit - 2007-04-03 8:01 PM Terry - See the now closed thread 'Sally Clark RIP' for full dummy dumping details. I can see his point but, personally I think it was a bit harsh of the Moderator but as it's his party I guess he gets to say who comes and who don't?

Richard,

I agree, I also think that it was a little harsh.

I enjoyed his banter, however he did sometimes go "over the top".

I think that his downfall was the way he used to "attack" new users (there are numerous examples on various threads), and that's probably why the Moderator took the decision.

Our MH came with arm rests on both front seats (ISRI) The Mrs in the passenger seat would not be without hers but I have removed my left side one as its a nuisance. But when I turn the passenger seat on the swivel the arm rest presses up quite tight to the door. I have to either fiddle with the seat slider or open the passenger door a little when turning the seat. Something to think about before you add these to existing seats.

Hello All,

Firstly I have decided to keep both sets of rests on my Symbol. My wife uses hers but I find them unnecessary on the driver's seat (which does not swivel). I only use them while waiting for my wife to shop and I am reading a paper or book. I must agree that they are a damn nuisance when wanting to make my way to the back, especially being a large fellow.

As to the off thread subject of the late departed Frank, in a short time I have found that the forums are a duller place without him. I was originally attracted for the excellent M/H information available from you experts but the exchange of views between some regulars has of recent months drawn me to logging in each night to follow the fierce, rude and sometimes totally out of order verbal battles going on. (aways instigated by Frank).

I know his attitude was not liked by all, but underneath, I am sure he will be missed, especially some of the people who enjoyed tangling with him. I admit that I did not have the verbal dexterity to tackle him, but I was an enthusiastic onlooker. I feel the same as Richard and Peter as to his 'passing'.

Mike

Not got armrests on either cab seat but I have driven 'vans with them and I like them, just not enough to go chopping the seats about though.

Reference Frank, he was an opinionated chap. Nothing wrong with that in itself but he was always too quick to start hurling insulting comments around, from that last thread he was involved in he was using terms like "those of you with a 2 digit IQ" and "idiots like you". This is the kind of inflammatory comment that started the arguments and bad feeling not the real subject of the debate. Frank usually gave some valuable input to the real subject under debate, he was just too rude on a personal level.

I'll miss him but I won't lose any sleep over his going.

D.

I'm afraid that my memory of Frank will be of someone who constantly attacked others to cover up a huge inferiority complex. It was also the reason he was forever boasting about himself. Four retail shops do not add up to a lot these days on a business scale. Sad really.

Guest starspirit

Four retail shops in the camera business which is very cut throat these days is no mean feat RonB and compared to what many people achieve in their lifetime I personally would regard Frank as quite a successful businessman.

Archived