Arm rests

tezza

Guest starspirit

Not at all Basil, au contraire, I am one of the hardest guys around to impress. I am always first to complain loudly of poor service, lack of effort and people who are too tired to get off their butt and work for their own family and future.

I don't know the history of Frank's business empire, and to be frank I don't much care, but if he is running his shops at a decent profit and employing people he is contributing a bloody sight more to this country than many other people and it does no harm to acknowledge that fact.

I am no great fan of Frank and I am trying to be fair to a guy who can't now answer back for himself - and perhaps it's just as well he can't?

Fair enough Richard, but to be frank I am of the opinion that people that are always blowing their own trumpet are usually those that 'talk a good job' and are amongst the worst when it really boils down to it, the quiet ones have nothing to prove!

Still I will accept your view point, if not agree and will say no more as it is probably unfair when the person is no longer able to rage back.

And apologies for going off topic!

Bas

Guest starspirit

Fair enough Basil I accept yout point of view too.

One of the joys of this forum now is that we can all disagree with everyone else without rancour.

Fair enough Richard and Basil, but to be frank...............! 

I don't understand why you are both being frank, and being nice to each other.  Surely the whole point of being Frank is contrarywise?

Re armrests, just so's I can't be accused of digressing, I took ours off after the first trip!  Can't see how anyone can drive with them in situ (though not being Frank, I accept that many can), they get in the way of swivelling the seats, they get stuck up the leg of your shorts (but so does the Fiat handbrake, with sometimes entertaining results.  Has anyone tried removing this?), and they're always up when you want then down, and vice versa (and those who like their vice versa will know exactly what I mean!).

Apart from that, a great invention!

Guest starspirit

Quite frankly Brian it is nice to see you descending into and joining the ranks of us ridiculous Frankophiles and if Frank ever sold perfume I frankly guess it would be called Frankincense, although perhaps we have had enough of Frank incensed for one year, frankly?

I agree about arm rests and handbrake getting caught in yer shorts and it can be a real pain in the bum both literally and frankly.

If you are lucky the shorts split which prevents anything more vulnerable splitting or being crushed and that, frankly, does not bear thinking about.

The dictionary says that frank is open sincere honest and undisguised and, frankly, who am I to argue with Oxford.

At our age I guess that, frankly, we have to take our vice any way we can get it but as far as I am concerned, frankly, that does not include the joys of uninvited arm rest intrusion - so, frankly, I took 'em off at the earliest opportunity ( the arm rests that is).

Archived