Low bridges around Europe

crob

I have been trying to find a free source for downloading a POI for low bridges for my TomTom satnav device. The POI Handler site shows low bridges as a downloadable item, but there are only 2 bridges shown for the whole of France!

Does anyone know of a suitable source for this, please?

Colin Robinson. (?)

hi colin, i to downloaded that poi, you can add to it as you come across more, in the meantime you will have to do what we have all had to do for the last twenty odd years;

approach bridge, breath in very deeply (this lowers the hight of the van), sent wife/husband/partner out to have a look.

reverse out rapidly or you could measure the hight of van in metric and imperial.

i must admit though, its a pain after you have driven forty mies down a narrow lane with no turn offs, only to find a low bridge with a warning 50 yds in front of it. (lol) (lol) (lol)

pete

• 5 years later...

Hi.

If you're looking for low bridges in France and Spain (at the moment) then check out my website which has a growing list of low bridges.

There is nothing to download so you can't put it on your satnav but you should be able to view it from your phone or ipad whilst you are travelling.

http://www.ajdor.co.uk

Hope this helps, and if it does please pass this onto your friends.

Archived