Fiat Ducato brake hoses

Stew

I’m in the process of changing both front callipers and flexible brake hoses on my 1999 Fiat Ducato 2.8idtD diesel on my autotrail chieftain,I have managed to source the callipers but I’m struggling to get the right length of hoses for the 4 pipes that I need, 2 per calliper and one is longer than the other, vented discs, non abs, anybody know a good supplier or the part numbers for the ones that are on. Each time I get some sent they are too short, any help greatly received, I’m based in North Lincolnshire ????

Hi Stew

Try Europarts, they have lots of places dotted around the UK, I always use them, easy to use website and well known products are much cheaper, enter your reg no and get directed straight to the correct parts, and you can view exactly what your getting. I priced 3 Bosh windscreen wipers Thursday at Halford's £35, exactly the same at Europarts £15.20, try them you wont go anywhere else once you've shopped there.

Mike

Mikeandthewife - 2021-04-03 10:03 PM

Hi Stew

Try Europarts, they have lots of places dotted around the UK, I always use them, easy to use website and well known products are much cheaper, try them you wont go anywhere else once you've shopped there.

Mike

After shopping there once I'd never go back theres a reason their cheaper

try here a much better option https://www.mpdonline.co.uk/

Stew

Assuming that you still have the original brake hoses, you should be able to establish their length so that the replacements match.

The hoses advertised here are said to have an overall length of 485mm (upper hose) and 490mm (lower hose) and SHOULD be suitable for a 1999 Ducato

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-BOXER-FIAT-DUCATO-CITROEN-RELAY-UPPER-FRONT-Brake-Hose-QH-BFH4713/114680286956?hash=item1ab37a4eec:g:CI8AAOSwWf1gE9Rz

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-BOXER-FIAT-DUCATO-CITROEN-RELAY-LOWER-FRONT-Brake-Hose-QH-BFH4712/114680286957?hash=item1ab37a4eed:g:CmQAAOSw3a5gE9Uy

The Fiat part numbers quoted are 1325030080/71736977 (upper hose) and 1311457080 (lower hose). If you contact a Fiat Professional agent and provide your Ducato’s VIN Number, they should be able to confirm that those Fiat part numbers are correct. Then you can GOOGLE-search for suppliers using the part numbers. (I’ve done this and there are plenty of suppliers and plenty of manufacturers (Bosch, Ferodo, Ridex, etc.) of equivalent hoses.)

I used to fit Goodrich “Aeroquip” braided stainless-steel flexible brake hoses to my cars, and those hoses could be made-to-measure. But that was when I had more money than sense...

There’s always a risk when shopping online for vehicle parts that what’s being advertised will be unsuitable.

Neither Euro Car Parts nor Motor Parts Direct can (apparently) provide the brake hoses Stew needs and - as Stew has discovered - even when a vendor seems to be advertising the ‘correct’ part, what is delivered isn’t always what was being sought.

Neither of the above vendors’ websites will recognise the Registration Number of my motorhome and, because the vehicle is LHD (though purchased through a UK Rapido dealership) there’s a chance that parts sourced through them might be RHD specific (eg. some windscreen-wiper blades). It’s just something that I need to keep in mind when online purchasing...

I replaced mine on my 2003 2.8 JTD.

Made by Borg and Beck. I still have one set left. One shorter than the other for a twin pot front caliper.

Happy to send photos and measurements and still in original boxes with serial numbers.

But you’ll need to Direct message me with an email address.

I can’t be bothered re-sizing pictures for this site. Life’s too short.

After some first class help from members on here I got the required brake hoses from Arnold Clark , they were Borg and Beck, delivered the very next morning and fitted this weekend, I would definitely recommend Arnold Clark for their first class service. Thanks to all those that commented and helped me out ????

Archived