Bangers and Cash ?

varonda

Did anyone see last nights episode of Bangers and Cash ? they sold a Rover P5B converted into a motorhome , I actually saw this vehicle a couple of years ago at Thoresby Hall classic car show and I'd have it in a heart beat , layout a bit different to my Autocruise but what a fantastic looking vehicle , a classic that is definitely useable :-D

' seen it at a show - very interesting. :-D

I'd rather own a new Swift Escape or whatever because its far better.

But if you parked that alongside a Swift Escape nobody would be interested in the Swift Escape

Everybody would be photographing that, and wanting to talk about it :-D

It's a brilliant programme I first watched during the first lockdown, then put it on perma-record to save all episodes so I can watch again anytime. I was surprised to find the family have been operating the business in Yorkshire since moving from Bedfordshire in 1988. I'd never heard of them until Bangers & Cash!

In one episode three VW campers were auctioned off. Their website is very comprehensive and I enjoy trawling the auction catalogue.....a real trip down memory lane! :-D

https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/17049-friday-23rd-saturday-24th-april-2021

Visited their place in Thornton le Dale in 2019. Great collection of cars (their own) upstairs (donation to charity to view). There's a CS (think its called Prospect Farm) right behind the showroom and a great chippie few yards away. Well worth a trip.

I go through Thornton le dale to Scarborough because I like that road - several other interesting places to stop. Including Sutton Bank Top which 'James Herriot' said was the 'finest view in England' (20% truth and 80% fiction like his books) so have stopped to look in Matthewsons window many times, long before 'Bangers & Cash'

Matthewsons has only been an auction house fairly recently - they used to sell the cars like an ordinary garage. Derek is always busy and works all hours - saw him there about a month ago and he was walking on one side as though he had a bad back, but it wasn't slowing him down at all.

paulmold - 2021-04-24 8:59 PM

Visited their place in Thornton le Dale in 2019. Great collection of cars (their own) upstairs (donation to charity to view).

They have got busier since then - their own cars moved out to make way for sale entries - and still no room to get round with a wheelchair. You have to buy a catalogue (£10 admits up to 2 people) to view them. Understandable I suppose when most visitors are time wasters. But still a bit of a shock when you are not used to being charged to view vehicles for sale.

Archived