Truma heater

Grumpy Grandad

Hi. I tried out our Truma 6E boiler this afternoon in readiness for a few days away.

It was last used at Xmas with no problems.

Absolutely dead today, nothing on either gas or electric.

I've checked all of the fuses and all ok.

Pressed the reset button, and still nothing.

The two control panels on the wall are not lighting at all.

Are there any fuses anywhere else please, as it looks as if it is definitely an electric problem.

Any suggestions please

Stuart

Hi Steve. I have tried both EHU and battery, but still dead. The batteries have plenty of power in them. Everything else is working perfectly ok, apart from the two rotary controls which control the heater. They should show green if the heater is working ok, or red if there is a problem, such as no gas, but the rotary controls are not showing any lights at all. Thanks for your prompt reply. Stuart

I believe your Rapido motorhome is a 2012 model.

The Rapido User Manual for my 2015 model suggests that yours MIGHT have CBE-made electrical equipment and - if that’s correct - there should be a 10A fuse for the heating system in its CBE Distribution Box.

The relevant part of Truma’s trouble-shooting guidance is shown on the image attached below.

The Combi 6E unit has its own fuses - refer to the Operating Instructions as to where the fuses are on the unit, how t access them and the type of fuses that should be used when replacement is required.

combi.png.1204926f88c80b063c6cf06cfed2fd8f.png

Good morning Derek.

As you rightly say, there are two fuses in the actual heater. One is for the 12v system and the other is for the 240v system. They are both 10amp, classed as slow fuses, whatever that means. I can get to the 12v fuse with difficulty, but the only way to get to the 240v fuse is to remove the heater. Good planning by Rapido !!. I just find it strange that the heater won't work on either 240v or 12v. Everything else in the van is working fine, but, as my wife says, she won't go away if the heating isn't working.

Stuart

A 'slow-blow' fuse is described here

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/Slow-blow-fuse.php

Whichever 'fuel-source' is selected (gas, 230V or both) your Truma 6E heater will still need a continuous 12V power-supply to function. That neither of the two rotary switches shows any sign of life suggests that the heater is not receiving any 12V power.

Grumpy Grandad - 2021-04-29 7:43 PM

Good news and bad news.

Tried the heater again tonight. It came straight on. Five minutes later off it went, and can't get it to fire up again.

Obviously a bad connection somewhere. Now booked in to A19 caravans for their diagnosis.

I will let you know the outcome.

Stuart

I sincerely hope that your Truma can be fixed. I had a similar problem with mine a few months ago. Mine worked fine on gas, for both heating and water heating. Nothing worked when on EHU at home. It turned out that the elements had failed.

Resulting in me investing in a brand new Truma Combi 6E, with an iNet connection (Has a SIM card - to receive Text messages / Blueooth connectivity), so I can set up temperature and water heater whilst away from the van, when out for a walk. You can also set the timer so the heater comes on and warms the van prior to you arising from your slumber.

I genuinely hope that the boiler issue can be fixed, and not having to spend good retirement savings on updating your system.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived