Visiting the UK from Europe in a motorhome

We have friends here in Spain, UK citizens but legally resident in Spain that want to visit an elderly relative (Mother) in the UK as it may be their last opportunity to do so. They will travel in their van but do not have an address in the UK, so will want to stay on a site as their children do not have the space for a motorhome to park.

So, although not directly motorhome related, does any one know if their proposed trip is possible and what the current requirements for testing would be? They will both have had their two jabs and will have the proof of that on their phones and they would like to travel either through France or on the Santander ferry in late May or early June.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ainsley

The Government will be updating travel arrangements hopefully Friday.

It could be a test before leaving France or Spain if using the ferry from Santander.

This I hope will cancel out isolating in the Uk.

My airport transfer & low volume direct transfers to France business depend on government in and in Europe.

But so much depends on vaccination in any country being similar to ours along with variants of Covid and new cases being confirmed.

Plus countries need to be capable of testing for new variants.

We receive regular updates from a couple of airlines that we work directly for and a small quality in the know travel agent.

On top of work. I’m desperate to travel in Europe again.

Archived