Vision Plus Box

_Chris

I was making some adjustments to the awning when I noticed a small Vision Plus box fitted to the side of the van with a coax cable running to a TV signal booster inside one of the lockers.

There is nothing in the Symbol manual about it so I suppose someone must have fitted it later. It doesn't look as though an aerial through the roof has ever been fitted.

Does anyone know what it is and if is still possible to make use of it?

1190539802_TVAerial1.JPG.b608ac3b16b26f908711677c24db2062.JPG

I’ve got one on my van. The lid is hinged at the top. If you lift it from the bottom you should find a coaxial socket for a TV aerial which is terminated somewhere inside the van, probably next to where a TV would go. You can use it to connect to a campsites TV aerial system (never seen one myself) or plug in a freestanding aerial. Pretty much redundant these days given the extensive use of streaming or satellite.

I use my external aerial socket all the time, which also has a 'F' connection for satellite. The last three sites we stayed at had sockets on the EHU bollard and when without, we use an external aerial on a tripod or a portable satellite dish on the same tripod keeps the other half content during soap time!

Archived