McLouis 690

augharan

I assume you are referring to a McLouis “Glen” 690 model (2005 example in this advert)

https://www.motorhomedepot.com/vehicle/2005-mclouis-glen-690-low-mileage-6-berth-6-seatbelt-rear-lounge-super-king-sized-bed

There’s no standardisation regarding where a motorhome manufacturer puts 230V electrical equipment. An October 2005 review of a McLouis “Lagan” 253 stated that the motorhome had a "consumer unit with MCB and RCD” but (unsurprisingly) no details of where this was were given.

As Mickt advises, you could start with where the external 230V hook-up connection is and (assuming it’s practicable) trace where the 230V cable leads from there.

There’s no guarantee that this will provide an answer though - my Rapido’s 230V hook-up point is half way along the vehicle’s left-hand side but the cable from the hook-up point travels invisibly inside the motorhome, eventually emerging from the floor under the bed near the vehicle’s right-hand side where it connects to the 230V consumer unit. The consumer unit, plus the battery charger and 12V ‘black box’ are grouped together and easily accessed when the bed is hinged upwards, so there’s no need for an owner to hunt for them. Conversely, when I was asked (in France) to look at an earlier Rapido motorhome that had a 230V mains-related problem, the consumer unit was eventually discovered in a seat locker buried under clothing that - as the consumer unit was missing its protective cover - had knocked OFF two of the three MCBs.

Logically, McLouis should have installed the 230V consumer unit where it’s reasonably accessible, which means that it should not be too well hidden. Suggest you try looking in interior cupboards, seat lockers and the wardrobe (that might have a removable floor panel). Alternatively the consumer unit might be in an external locker or garage.

Archived