why are you not away

KD

we are going up to the lake district tomorrow for four days, ive had to work and been to an early bbq at relatives. why on this lovely bank holiday weekend are you lot not out and about in your mhs

Because everyone else is!

Between full camp sites and congested roads, the choice is simple: to get the garden ready for our long summer absences, making sure the irrigation system has survived any winter frosts and relax in the sun. . .

We have been away for two days. My wife had to work on Friday and we both have to work tomorrow (Monday) so we could only take two days off. Mind you they were wonderful days off, we went to a rally in Ashbourne, Derbyshire that was organised by another forum I use. We had bowls lessons and yesterday had a knockout bowls tournament which everybody enjoyed. In the evenings we had the use of the clubhouse with a licensed bar and last night Graham Hadfield (also of this forum) ran a very entetaining quiz.

D.

Hi.

We been out every day this weekend, except Saturday, and again tomorrow (Monday).

Friday we went to Bolton-le-Sands and walked a length of the Lancaster canal, had tea in Hest Bank on the sea front car park and watched the sunset. (60 miles round trip in m/home).

Saturday, we have a dance to run. Stayed home & did shopping / cleaning.

Sunday. Church first, then to Tarleton and walked a length of the Leeds Liverpool canal. Tea in M/Home overlooking the river Douglas estuary. (30 miles round trip)

Monday. Going to Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, and walking another length of the Leeds / Liverpool canal. Will go home for roast turkey for tea with friends. (20 mile round trip).

Great weekend, good friends, good exercise, good food, some beautiful scenery & some GOD thrown in for good measure.

Stay local on B/Holidays, no fun sat in traffic, especially in blazing sunshine through a huge A Class windscreen.

Who said we are'nt adventurous.

Besides we have just returned from an adventurous trip. A single night stay the previous weekend to Salisbury Caravan and Camping Club Site (a round trip of over 9 miles).

Terry - I can you have been well trained. I presume you do not go shopping at weekends either?

Hi Robbie,

We go shopping during the week, it’s a bit dangerous in the aisles with all the other pensioners and out of control trolleys jostling for the just in date, ‘best before’ bargains and two for one markdowns. –

‘So be careful out there’

Regards Terry

We have stayed in all weekend as my daughter is revising for her International Baccalaureate exams, which she's taking in May.

However, next weekend we're going down to Alicante as she is playing in a golf competition and the following Wednesday we're going up to Barcelona for the another comp.

BTW the weather here has been cold (for us) with rain and only occasional sun for the last week or so. Next week's forecast is for the same!!

Mel E - 2007-04-08 7:44 PM Because everyone else is! Between full camp sites and congested roads, the choice is simple: to get the garden ready for our long summer absences, making sure the irrigation system has survived any winter frosts and relax in the sun. . .

Absolutely right.....

Terrytraveller - 2007-04-09 10:27 AM

We go shopping during the week, it’s a bit dangerous in the aisles with all the other pensioners and out of control trolleys jostling for the just in date, ‘best before’ bargains and two for one markdowns. –

9:30 Easter Monday, Just been to Sainsburys, Not a soul in sight ( or inside !). Even filled the car up with petrol, one other car on the forecourt.

We obviously get up too early.

Rgds

Guest starspirit
Bazza454 - 2007-04-09 11:36 AM
Mel E - 2007-04-08 7:44 PM Because everyone else is! Between full camp sites and congested roads, the choice is simple - get the garden sorted
Absolutely right, the only time we ever go away at B/H is to use a CCC THS for a few days where space is guaranteed without booking and only then when we are already away from home.Shopping too is a no no at week ends and during B/Hs.Retirement has it's advantages.

Just returned from a fantastic easter weekend from Aldwalsley  Derbysire not far from Matlock compliments of CCC @ £5 a night our first weekend away with our local DA.

The weather could not have been better the best easter weather i can remember our first long weekend away since we retired just what we bought our motorhome for, set off early to the site got parked up until this afternoon and really chilled out, went out for long walks during the day and then had a lovelly meal and bottle of wine in the evening,then the best bit no work in the morning, can`t wait for our trip to France next month.

We're just back from 4 days at N. Leadaig CC site (affiliate), can't recomend it highly enough, very friendly staff and excellent MH facilities, I realise that most users on this site are down south (compared with me) but if you are thinking of a visit to the W/N.W Highlands this is a fine site from which to start.

ho hum back to the grind tomorrow.

Got back saterday from a weeks holiday prior to the big push to get house finished this summer.

Our fav site is closed due to late running of refurb, we stayed in lodge, only paying guests in four buildings, next camp site along empty till thursday when one van turned up, then four? on friday, quite all week then friday went to Fowey, packed with people, ques to get in large site at St Austel, back on north coast still fairly quite, so it pays to know where to go.

Good luck Paul.

It's hard to stop smiling sometimes when you're sat in an armchair above all the traffic and hedges.

Best thing we ever did, apart from learning to dance, was to buy one. On our second now after five years with first. Upped size to an Elnagh A Class.

Dave Newell - 2007-04-08 8:10 PM

Mind you they were wonderful days off, we went to a rally in Ashbourne, Derbyshire that was organised by another forum I use.

I second that. It was the first rally we have been on and definitely the way to spend a bank holiday. We travelled down on Friday and returned Monday and the van was on site in the meantime so no traffic problems.

Dave Newell - 2007-04-08 8:10 PM

In the evenings we had the use of the clubhouse with a licensed bar and last night Graham Hadfield (also of this forum) ran a very entetaining quiz.

You say the nicest things Dave :-)

Graham

Terrytraveller - 2007-04-09 10:27 AM

‘So be careful out there’

Nearly a year since I retired but Jill only retired at the end of last month so we are still finding out about that. Anyone know where I can hire some body armour? (lol)

Graham

Archived