Hymer fresh water drain system

MasterW

I have looked at various threads regarding this subject but do not seem to find the answers. Does anyone know how the triangular full drain/20% drain control works and how to access the sealing mechanism. As you can guess, I have an issue with a continual dribble of water and only from a 20% full tank, not refilled for days. I have tried flushing the drain with copious amounts of water and can only stop it leaking if I use large pliers to apply enough force. Normal hand turning will not stop the dribble. Can the mechanism be accessed easily and are there seals somewhere which can be replaced...??

Would be pleased to here any info.

This 2019 forum discussion may be worth reading.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fresh-Water-Tank-keeps-Leaking-from-Overflow-Pipe/53382/

It won’t address your questions about the drain’s internal mechanism and repairability, but I suspect you’ll not get answers unless someone has had similar problems and disassembled the device.

Derek, thanks for the reply. I have checked out the link enclosed in the thread and it is definitely a Reich control valve. I have sent them an enquiry so will hopefully get a response, will be back on the thread when I hear back.

Archived