Drive away awning advice.

Atlowers

Morning all

Standard ht of drive away awning is 205 to 235. Tall is 245 to 295. My fixing pt is exactly 240. In experience, is it best to have a tighter fit with the standard or a pretty loose fit with the tall. The heights are rec by vango so assume there is slight flexibility. I am aware that tensioner is used to pull up edges on van fitting but tall may look pretty loose I believe. Any thoughts appreciated as ever.

Andy

Nothing to do with awnings, but could you please look at (and comment) on the recent enquiry by forum-member “JS"L on this forum thread that you initiated last December?

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/New-sea-sloop-5-owner/57108/#M690327

Basically, where in your 2004 left-hand-drive SEA Sloop 5 is the leisure-battery housed?

(It’s possble that you’ve contacted JSL direct about this, but I’d still like to know...)

I went for a hi line Caymen Air for my MH but as you say, there is a lot of material left that flaps around in the wind, even with the tie downs as tight as they go .

It seems different makers have different height standards, our previous drive-away made by Sunncamp, although it was poled, drew nice and taught.

It might be worth looking around for the various height allowances, If you have your MH up on leveling ramps you will need a bit more play at the tunnel, so don't go too short.

Archived