2007 Swift Bolero 680 FB Over cab window

Gnoll120

Hello all

I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction, I have a Swift Bolero 680 FB with a cracked over cab window/skylight.

I have been to two local dealers in the South Wales area to get this replaced, one said they have fixed it. they had not the other told me to purchase the window and they would let me know when I can take it in. (still waiting)

I now have a window waiting to be installed, and getting a bit fed up. So does any one know if this is a job I could under take myself or a repair centre that would take this job. I will be willing to travel outside of the South Wales area.

Cheers

Gnoll120

Hi Brian

Thanks for your reply, the window is plastic and does not open. It is in the front of the motorhome on a slight slope and fitted above the driver / passenger seats. I'm sure the roof is GRP.

I have some photos if this would help.

Regards

Howard

No need Howard. :-) It is just that I had a problem with a similarly positioned rooflight in a Hobby Van a few years back, that was sorted under warranty by Southdowns of Portsmouth.

In my case the rooflight was of glass, and had bugun to detach from the cab roof and was leaking. This was cured by a freelance windscreen fitter who Southdowns employed as their problem window guru. I was surprised that all he did was to cut out the rooflight with his normal windscreen removal tools, clean any remaining adhesive from glass and glazing rebate, prime, apply new adhesive, and replace rooflight. I then had to wait about an hour for the adhesive to cure before driving home.

Thereafter, the rooflight remained leakproof and soundly attached to the cab roof. The question is whether a similar solution might work in your case. In principle it should, but whether or not normal windscreen adhesive would work with a plastic, rather than glass, is open to question. But, if you can locate a windscreen fitter in your area he may well know. Might be worth a try.

In my case the whole job was very quick, although I'd guess it wasn't the first time the fitter had done it!

Hi Brian

I have had this mentioned to me lately, I will contact a local windscreen company and enquire. It won't harm to ask.

I will keep you informed, and thanks again Brian for your knowledge.

Cheers

Howard

As will be evident from the image attached below, the Bolero’s overcab rooflight is large and has an inner frame for a blind.

Replacing the rooflight safely would require ‘scaffolding’ over the front of the vehicle’s cab. The replacement task is definitely best left to professionals.

rooflight.png.fffb36bd8bbb127e35dccc22e8e057e8.png

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Mark.

This is a relatively old forum discussion and I note that Howard (Gnoll120) last logged on to the forum on 5 July 2021 - so he might not see your PM.

If you don’t get a response to your PM, you might try contacting Howard using the email address he provided.

Archived