Building a CTDP

lancepar

(?)

Well I’ve exhausted my searches on the web so hopefully someone on here can help or suggest a link.(HeHe)

What we are trying to do is build/instal a Chemical Toilet Disposal Point CTDP where we have just removed the old Disabled toilet building. Everything is there, the pipe to the septic tank, a water supply and a solid base.

It’s a secure, private site so Flush using a conventional toilet or brick built with funnel and Swill are options but surprisingly no info’ on the web from peeps or sites that have done it. Building a below ground Manhole/Inspection chamber there is and also factory made units.

Suggestions from anybody who has knowledge best way to do it welcome.

Cheers

B-)

Web-IMG_0302.jpg.b63e3df5e887d6f5b03f44dc9fc875cc.jpg

One of the sites we visited recently just used an old ceramic toilet bowl with a bigger flush tank and an adjacent hose. the only issue I found was the potential for 'splash back' 8-) .

i would imagine, if the waste is going to a septic tank then some kind of rain cover or lid will be needed as well.

BruceM - 2021-05-30 2:29 PM

I’m not sure what the issue is here. One of these https://chemicaldisposalpoint.co.uk/ fits directly on to the existing soil pipe and would I think provide what you are looking for. I used one just last week and they work just fine. The one I used did not have a flush but did come with a water supply to allow the unit to be washed clean after use.

I do not the look of the disposal point referred to above. It has a grille, and is therefore in my opinion, only really suitable for grey waste.

Alan

Alanb - 2021-05-30 6:19 PM

BruceM - 2021-05-30 2:29 PM

I’m not sure what the issue is here. One of these https://chemicaldisposalpoint.co.uk/ fits directly on to the existing soil pipe and would I think provide what you are looking for. I used one just last week and they work just fine. The one I used did not have a flush but did come with a water supply to allow the unit to be washed clean after use.

I do not the look of the disposal point referred to above. It has a grille, and is therefore in my opinion, only really suitable for grey waste.

Alan

Well spotted, I posted the grey water unit in error, try this one for size.

CTDP3.jpg.552a89796aa539469ca8fa2a6cda2699.jpg

Erring towards a brick lined structure in-filled with ballast and an up turned traffic cone cut down in height so it fits inside the soil pipe.

The sloping waterproof mortar beaching would then be applied from the bricks to inside the up-turned edges of the cone base forming a seal.

Then we only have to construct a lid for it and plant a Concrete Godfather post for the water pipe and tap.

Nearly forgot we will need a suitable sign.

Apart from the bricks and mortar we have all the bits on site.

"Jobs a good un" I think.

B-)

• 1 month later...

CTDP finished and in use.

Dunno why I didn’t ask the guy who sorts my drains out a home before I started but after showing him my ideas he said don’t bother with the upturned cone and bench around the soil pipe with a Grano mix which I did. Simples.

IMG_0312.jpg.aae336702664928c9e54f863e7338d2a.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg.c45c8991888cd1af594365344481e2fb.jpg

Have you got some type of bend attached to the soil pipe? It looks like the old toilet connected to the soil pipe would have presumably had it's own bend. Without one somewhere in the system, odour from the soil pie will be an issue.

Smells from the new CTDP were also our concern but even before construction when the soil pipe was left un--capped there were no pongs.

Between the septic tank and the CTDP is a below ground junction which also collects from the club house facilities all of which are in use..

So maybe there is an "S" trap.

However, If it does cause a problem we can install a trap between it and the junction chamber.

B-)

Archived