Anyone been to Le Letty in Benodet (southwest Brittany

kevandali

Hi All

Not sure if this posting belongs here but if not I'm sure the moderator chappie/chappess will move it. :$

Have been looking for a campsite in the south west region of Brittany, just for a few days to keep the kids happy.

http://www.campingduletty.com/en/index.php

Have any of you lot been to the place above? I can imagine most of you avoiding this place like the plague and prefering the more laid back approach, trouble is, kids happy equals us happy so it looks like a few days at a campsite will be required.

Any other ideas of similar sites in the area most welcome

cheers

Kevandali

Guest Sally Pepper

Hi,

It's a very good site in a lovely part of the world. There's a bigger, more commercial site next door called Point St Gilles which is also superb. Swimming pool. bar, playground etc...

We've been twice with young kids and we'll definitely be going back.

Regards

EE

Could not get onto the main site but have booked into Le Letty for three days, maybe the kids will be able to nip next door and use their pool?? :-)

For anyone else venturing this way, the site required no deposit but only needed booking because of being peak season.

we can also extend or shorten the stay once we have arrived, as and when required, which I thought was really good because if the kids are enjoying it maybe another couple of days will be great?

Thanks for the advice

Kevandali

Having booked into letty I/we are now after a similar place for a few days in the Dieppe, Le Treport, cote Picarde area, even inland ok as long it has a pool and kid friendly.

Have wasted hours scouring the internet because I can't wait to get it all booked.

Any ideas peeps, thanks for all the help so far

kevandali

We have been to Le Letty several times when kids were young. It is deceptive as it caters for loads of pitches but they are all in hedged off aisles. The beach is right outside the site and it is an inlet so well protected. Beware of the current when tide turns as it is very strong and fills the laguna up and empties quickly. It is fantastic for inflatable kids boats but make sure they are on a long rope. We bought ours there as they have a fantastic selection in the area.

Benodet is quaint and not commercial so you should love it. We did

Chris

Archived