7kg calor gas shortage

KentMan

From Calor Gas website

To our valued customers

We’re continuing to work tirelessly to deliver gas safely to homes and businesses across the UK despite the many challenges caused by Covid-19.

We continue to work safely at Calor following all Covid guidelines, but there is the possibility that people in vital roles such as drivers and customer service agents may have to take time off work. We therefore apologise if you experience longer waiting times as a result.

Gas bottle delivery and collection

We are currently experiencing cylinder availability issues due to higher demand and restricted supply. Availability is evolving constantly but please be aware that some cylinder sizes are unavailable or limited to exchange only.

For customers wishing to collect or return gas bottles, please call ahead to book an appointment with your local Calor Centre.

We continue to provide a delivery service, supplying and collecting gas bottles from your own sites. Please contact your local supplying Calor Centre to arrange a delivery. Alternatively you can order via our Online Shop or go to our Find a retailer page, where you can enter your postcode and find the nearest retailer to you. We recommend calling before travelling to one of our retailers, to check opening hours.

The Covid pandemic has resulted in record demand for Calor cylinders in 2020 due to the prolonged lockdown, warm weather, and the boom in UK staycations last year. While new cylinders have been ordered in significant quantities for 2021, demand has continued to grow and is leading to some shortages. Orders for new cylinders were placed well in advance to meet the expected significant demand, but the lead times for cylinders, which are manufactured overseas, have been significantly longer than previous years, caused by continued COVID issues in the manufacturing locations, increased global steel demand, and increased global shipping demand. In addition to new cylinders, we are working hard to refurbish existing stock at record levels to put as many cylinders into service as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience you might be experiencing, and we’re working hard to increase our supply. Whilst we continue to increase the cylinders in circulation, we are also encouraging customers to help us by returning any empty or unused cylinders to improve availability. You can return a cylinder by contacting your local Calor Centre and making an appointment.

The shortage of Calor canisters seems to be right across the UK and apparently includes smaller size 4.5kg/3.9kg butane/propane canisters as well as 7kg/6kg bottles.

Calor’s website has a map showing gas bottle retailers - so contacting a few in Yorkshire should give a good idea about 7kg-bottle availability there.

https://www.calor.co.uk/gas-bottles/retailers

Derek Uzzell - 2021-06-26 11:14 AM

The shortage of Calor canisters seems to be right across the UK and apparently includes smaller size 4.5kg/3.9kg butane/propane canisters as well as 7kg/6kg bottles.

Calor’s website has a map showing gas bottle retailers - so contacting a few in Yorkshire should give a good idea about 7kg-bottle availability there.

https://www.calor.co.uk/gas-bottles/retailers

Which is not helped in few of us are going to hand in an empty for it to be refilled without ourselves picking a full one up.

That could be eased if they gave me the full rental of £40 back rather than chase off to a depot to be given £7.50 back!

My stack of Calor empties will stay out of the loop till something equitable is offered.

Thank you for all your replies.

I saw a calor delivery lorry in my local Jewsons, and when I spoke to him he said they were waiting for a delivery of new 7kg butane cylinder and again he was given none to deliver to any of his site's.

I've now been to 15 different sites which don't have any full cylinders. However they do have empty one's.

I've seen more than 50 empty 7 kg bottles this week.

Surly it would be wise for calor to collect and refill these giving the retailer a form saying these have been collected and will be replaced when stocks are in rather than leaving then there to gather dust. It make no sense to me ??

Anyone swapped a Calor cylinder for a different size lately?

I know Calor say they have to be in the same group but I think most dealers allow it or at least used to.

Im away at the moment using the Gaslow but it will run out probably before we leave here and the nearest LPG pump is a forty mile round trip. I have a 6kg Calor back up but its empty. I was thinking of changing it on one of the local campsites but it being a popular size for campers I would take maybe a 13kg instead or anything I can strap on the back of the scooter. I wonder if they are relaxing the rules a bit under the current circumstances thats all.

Archived