Nordelettronica Solar connection

davida

Hello,

Anyone familiar with Nordelettronica? I’ve installed solar before, though with Schaudt.

I’m looking for help with connecting solar to a Nordelettronica NE356_RA.

I’m using a Votronic MPP250, which has outputs for leisure and vehicle batteries.

The NE356 has pins J1, J2 and J3, for vehicle and leisure battery inputs and negative. I had planned to connect the Votronic directly to these pins.

The NE356 also has unused connector JP16 marked predisposition, whatever that is, with pin 4 marked for solar panel positive to leisure battery, together with pin 3 being negative.

So I’m unsure as to the best route to connect. The diagram is attached.

10B6AB96-D14D-4AB4-A087-721E5DF1714F.jpeg.3e124d2ca23682d4dd87e8ea5dd672ce.jpeg

If you contact Apuljack Engineering they repair Nordelettronica systems and should be able to help , when I fitted solar to my NE221 which used JP1, but with a single output controller, they were very helpful.. 01278 588922 www.apuljackengineering.co.uk

The picture attached is the pin-out of the 'Predisposition' connector.

Personally I couldn't see any disadvantage in connecting the Votronic regulator directly to the batteries so that's what I did; 2 cables to the habitation +/- and a single + cable to the + post connection block of the starter battery.

Seems to work faultlessly.

Capture.JPG.3872979ac2d6eb960746eb8ed9fac10c.JPG

Steve928 - 2021-06-27 4:57 PM

The picture attached is the pin-out of the 'Predisposition' connector.

Personally I couldn't see any disadvantage in connecting the Votronic regulator directly to the batteries so that's what I did; 2 cables to the habitation +/- and a single + cable to the + post connection block of the starter battery.

Seems to work faultlessly.

Thanks Steve, my predisposition connector differs and has pins 1 and 2 marked as free.

I think wiring to posts J1, J2 and J3 has the same affect as wiring direct to the batteries, and is a little easier to wire in my case than direct to the batteries. Can anyone confirm?

buddy - 2021-06-27 5:28 PM

On mine the < solar on > was shown on the control panel display ,but It may have been the only advantage of using the NE221 socket in my case.

Thanks Buddy, that seems reasonable and if is the case is not a problem as I have the Votronic Solar Display.

As long as the connections are direct from the batteries to J1 J2 J3 I think it should be ok as it is the same as connecting direct to your batteries . I used the two battery connections on my NE221 to link in a Vanbitz battery master to give my starter battery a trickle charge from the leisure battery (which had the solar going to it) and that worked well.

I think some Nordelettronica units have split solar charging built in for when solar is fitted , but in your case the controller will be doing this if the connection are at the battery inputs but not using the solar input terminals.

Archived