Peugeot Boxer Trip computer

paulmold

My Peugeot Boxer x250 (2010) trip computer has stopped working, button on stalk seems seized. £280 for new stalks with cruise control. Anyone know if the indicator stalk can be bought separately or do you have to buy complete stalk set? Do later switch assembly fit earlier ones ? Is the cruise stalk a seperate one so I could simply swop it to a two stalk assembly? Luckily it stuck on total mileage so I don't 'need' it but like to check on mpg and fuel miles remaining.

I have found instructions on Google on how to dismantle the stalk but you need surgical dexterity and soldering a minute pcb so I won't be going down that route.

There is only a complete assembly available, all stalks plus 'clock spring' connection for the air bag.

Need to be ordered by VIN number to ensure you get the correct version.

There are a few you tube vIds showing how to release the airbag retaining clips. Disconnect the engine battery negative before working on the airbag. Once the air bag is free and all the connectors unplugged, remove the nut holding the steering wheel in place and remove the wheel, Make sure the wheel is straight ahead before removing.

Part of the cowling around the stalk assembly needs to be removed , disconnect the various connectors to the stalk assembly and remove. Put everything back together in reverse orders, ensure the 'clock spring' retainer, if fitted, is removed.

Mike

There were significant changes to the electrical system around 2010 year van so its important to get the correct part. Coastal Motorhomes and Peugeot dealer will be able to provide the correct unit based on your VIN. Its possible a SH part with the same part numbers will fit, but the state and useful life of a SH unit is unknown. Since the delicate 'clock spring' and connections are responsible for the correct operation of the drivers air bag, opting for a new item would seem the safer option.

Mike

Archived